It's a date that no one in my family will ever forget! It was my Grandma Hanville's birthday. She passed away almost 5 years ago, but 2 22 22 was her day and she knew somehow it was magical! Or maybe just memorable! I think back and smile...Grandma was a true original.
Here are a few things you might not be able to say about your Grandma...
She looked like a 50's movie star
She could shoot a bear.
She majored in Archery.
She left college for the CIA during WWII
She could tell you stories about being in the bomb shelters in England as the sirens blarred above her.
She was the wife of a CEO
She could could host a dinner party for the hoi poloi or curse with the sailors
She loved my grandfather with her whole heart and soul
She could do cartwheels in the front yard well into her 50's and was not afraid to do so.
She could drive a boat
She had a cottage in Canada and a house in Florida all on her own
She could drive herself cross country with her cat in her 70's
She could drive you nuts!
She always had cocktails & appetizers before meals
She was the most fun person to play games with
She always accused you of cheating.
She raised 3 great human beings.
She loved big band & old hymns
She loved soap operas & Jeopardy
Here are a few things you might not be able to say about your Grandma...
She looked like a 50's movie star
She could shoot a bear.
She majored in Archery.
She left college for the CIA during WWII
She could tell you stories about being in the bomb shelters in England as the sirens blarred above her.
She was the wife of a CEO
She could could host a dinner party for the hoi poloi or curse with the sailors
She loved my grandfather with her whole heart and soul
She could do cartwheels in the front yard well into her 50's and was not afraid to do so.
She could drive a boat
She had a cottage in Canada and a house in Florida all on her own
She could drive herself cross country with her cat in her 70's
She could drive you nuts!
She always had cocktails & appetizers before meals
She was the most fun person to play games with
She always accused you of cheating.
She raised 3 great human beings.
She loved big band & old hymns
She loved soap operas & Jeopardy
She needed water to be happy.
She wasn't always easy to love.
She always loved.
I was blessed to have time with my Grandma for many years. She was something!
Of course, I'm going to share some songs that for one reason or another remind me of her...
She used to sing this to me...or to herself...I don't know, I just hear her voice when I hear the song!
She wasn't always easy to love.
She always loved.
I was blessed to have time with my Grandma for many years. She was something!
Of course, I'm going to share some songs that for one reason or another remind me of her...
She used to sing this to me...or to herself...I don't know, I just hear her voice when I hear the song!
This is the song that stuck with me for days as I wrote her eulogy...
My Grandma was an avid Days of Our Lives fan and the story of Tom & Alice and this song always reminds me of she and my grandfather.
Happy birthday Grandma...I hope you're dancing!
2 comments:
I can completely relate to loving your gramma with your whole heart and soul - and loving DOOL! Though - I did stop watching it the day Marlena levitated over her bed! Happy Birthday!!!
Amy
I loved your grandma. She was so refined, yet could make me laugh in an instant. She was so sweet, yet she always had that mischievous look in her eyes. She was a great woman who raised a wonderful daughter to be one of the most amazing women I have ever met in my life.
Post a Comment