Thursday, March 20, 2008

Praises...


Toys that become new again when you haven't seen them for a while.

The pleasure a simple set of blocks can bring all three of my kids.

A Nana that will make you Eggos at 9 pm and let you sit on her counter to eat them!

Safe travels!

Kids who travel well! Dax wins the traveller of the day award.

Dosh's chai tea.

A kitchen full of people I love.

A kitchen full of people I love, laughing.

Friends who will babysit your dog all weekend!

Big furry old dogs with arthritis who don't get too upset when little boys use her for support, as long as someone is telling her she's a good girl!


Dad sleeping, which means, Mom sleeping!

Being here in this house with my family all under one roof, at least for a few hours this evening!

Little boys who just have a connection beyond understanding.

Quotes & memorable moments...

"I've got to pee" "No, I mean I really have to pee! I can't hold it eeeekkkkeee please please please! I've got to pee!" Lily after stopping to pee 45 minutes earlier. lets just say we offered her a cup and told her if our friend Amy could pee in a cup with the car moving so could she! =) She didn't go for it and managed to hold it an hour...but we heard repeats of above conversation off and on for that whole hour! Lily won closest to making daddy threaten to pull over and beat her award! But she lived, as did her bladder!

Upon noticing a thin tall fan in mom's family room, Dax asks, "what is that?" I say, "A fan"Dax replies, "I love that fan!" and proceeds to hug it. That's one of the moments you wonder....

But there are other moments that make you wonder...in a whole different direction. Sometimes I really believe Dax has some connection to the universe beyond his years. After the following conversation with Dax, I questioned both Mike & Lily assuming one of them had a deep conversation with Dax about this weekend. Neither one had. Most of you know that we had a dog, Sasha, who passed away peacefully on our family room floor at the age of 14 this past August with Dax by her side. Dax came and stood beside me and I said, "you know where we are going today?" In a very excited voice with a little jump he said, "My Nana & Papa's house!!" He then looked down for a minute and in a quiet voice he said, "My Papa's sick". I nodded and said, "yes, he is." Dax then said, "My Papa is gonna feel all better, just like Sasha feels all better now." I nodded my head and gave him a hug, and we went on with our frantic morning, trying to get ready.


No comments: