Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Gift of Music...

Today we spent many hours discussing music. Not just any music, but the right music. For dad, music meant so much that choosing the wrong things for his day seems like some sort of mortal sin. We've talked about music, we've sung songs to each other(thank God we're family, and not on American Idol), we've YouTubed for hours, we've visited stores, and we've hunted down lyrics. We still are not sure we know what we are doing, but there were moments in the songs today, moments where he was so close, and moments where we know he was talking to us. The sweetest moment for me today was hearing my dad send my mom a love song via Dosh and YouTube.

Tonight, while hunting for songs Dosh says, "What about Smokey Robinson, Dad was always having me look up Smokey Robinson stuff" We played some Smokey, we discussed we reminisced but Dosh was not satisfied that we'd found the right song, good ones, yes but not the one stuck in hi memory. "There was one, one he said was for mom, that mom loved. He made me find it for him even after he couldn't really talk well. This one was for mom." We searched, we found, we played, Dosh left the room. Mom knew, without a shadow of a doubt that he left this for her and she smiled, and cried. I too smiled and cried (I snuck out of the room for that part). We should have known he'd give us musical notes...

Here is his song for Mom...



I stumbled over to my Aunt Lynda's blog tonight and it seemed he had a little musical note for her today too, we might just need to use his message to her too, maybe she had the answer to our issue all along! www.xanga.com/GoodGuyTheBoss She also has some great old pictures of Dad posted today.

2 comments:

lynda said...

I love that song too. Isn't it wonderful to know he will always be with us in the music! This was beautiful and I sat here crying and smiling and remembering.
I love you all and if you need us to bring anything just call. U. Steve will get double of course!
love and hugs
a.lynda

Anonymous said...

Marci,
My sister told me about your dad and I am so sorry. I am sorry for not being able to be there with you. I am reminded of conversations he and I would have when I would come over to your house. He definitely wasn't a stuffy old dad kinda guy, which made it easy to talk to him. Thank you so much for sharing about him with all of us. Please give your mom a big hug from us.
We love you!!!