The house is quiet, people have scattered here or there and for a few moments the house is calm, and I can think.
Dax has stopped throwing up! He threw up for hours this morning, but then he chose to eat pizza for dinner and well, I figured it's worth a shot. He's now peacefully sleeping.
Everyone else is feeling better...after a week of the stomach bug hitting every single person in this house, many with a repeat visits, we all seem to be holding our own tonight...pray that continues and no one else starts..we might have to post a contamination warning on the door!
There are flowers throughout the house and they are the happy flowers, not the sad ones. ( yeah, that might not make sense, but it's ok)
Finn has learned to climb up and down Nana's staircase like a pro, at least a semi pro.
Dosh, my medic, was here when Finn took a tumble down the stairs under his big sister's supervision. (I can say much, if it was under my supervision I probably would have fallen too)
Finn, after careful evaluation seems to have walked away with a small bump and a bit of rug burn.
Cards, Cards, & more cards. Notes from people via the Internet. I am amazed at the love pouring out. The notes that are coming from people none of us know, only Dad knew..I'm seeing more of my Dad then I realized was out there.
The planning is over. the CD's are made, the music is chosen, the programs are run, the words are written. Now we can only hope that we have been half the party planners my dad always was and that he would be pleased with our efforts to make tomorrow a day he would have loved. I sure hope we live up to his expectations!
A family that I love with my whole heart.
Having a great husband, having him back with me.
Having my whole little clan back together after too long apart.
34 years and 20 hours with a dad who I didn't always understand, but I always loved and who did his best at being a good dad. If he was not my dad, I would not be me, and I am so blessed that God gave me this family.
Laughter.
The ability to see joy in all of these moments.
A song for my dad...
There are a million, but this is one of the fun ones that was placed on the "at home after the service when it's just the close friends and family CD", with all the other inappropriate for church songs.
2 comments:
tewks-
thinking about you and praying for you constantly, especially today. may it be filled with tears, laughter and wonderful memories. to quote you - find joy in this journey together today.
love and blessings, donna
p.s. missing you all something terrible, can't wait to see your beautiful faces!
We are praying for your and your family today. Hope it is filled with lots of laughter and tears of joy and lots of dancing. Hope it's a beautiful day. Your dad is dancing in heaven right now.
Love
Sarah
Post a Comment