Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Best sound of the day "I want to hear another Jesus Song!" Dax on the way home from Vacation Bible School.

Worst sound "No! The Jesus song!! That's not it! No, that's not it either!" Yeah, he couldn't figure out which one off the new CD he was waiting for. A three year old doesn't deal well with Bible School ending after 8:30. He loves it...just no fun after it's over!

Best Combination (Good & Bad) Finn's loud high pitched wail coming from the recovery room after his surgery was over. He made it through with flying colors, but alas, the screech remains. He went to Bible School tonight and was happier than he's been all week! We weren't going to take him, but he was dancing and talking. He is saying words that sound a lot like "Where is it?" "What is it?" "There it is." and "I don't know." He talked more today than he has been and smiled the whole time! I love seeing that happy little guy back!

Praises...

Quick surgeries with kind nurses and cute little baby hospital gowns.

Great sitters that I am counting on a lot this week!

Beautiful weather!

Being able to take preschoolers to the park at 8 to blow off steam. I love their happy smiling faces!

Happy smiling faces! VBS seems to be full of them, from kids to grownups and people in between. Even in the chaos there is music and celebration!

An amazing 4 year old team of teachers, shepards, and youth helpers. (I'm not totally kissing up, but yes I know some of you might stop by here...)

A husband who gets two wisdom teeth pulled at 3 in the afternoon and chooses to go to Bible School to help. I simply assumed he and Finn would stay home, but no, they wanted to go. Totally free will. Gotta love a guy like that. He has not whined even once!

3 comments:

Ninny said...

Ahhh the sweet sound of relief in your voice is music to me.

How'd you land that hero of a husband anyway?

Hope time with Amy was as silly and fulfilling as ever.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

Colored With Memories said...

I've had similar moments with my 3 yr old when I can't come up with just the song she wants either!

Love the way you do your praise lists!

I finally updated my blogroll...you're on!

Anonymous said...

Very glad things came out alright and also glad about Dax's pupil's not being of worry.

I love these pics! and your banner is so sweet!

The screeching . . . I am sometimes glad to be an aunt and that's ll I'm gonna say about that. :-D