Praises...
People with enough moxy to stop by your house and find the yard sale, even when it's been canceled due to weather. Usually I would not praise random strangers knocking on my door wanting to come into my unclean house, however when my house is fairly clean and they are carrying wads of cash, I'm game.
Mom is here and she isn't phased by the chaos, the naked boys, the preteen drama, or me taking her along for the ride. (well, at least she's not showing it if she is!)
Yard sale over.
Good evening out with a great group of friends, Even if the service was bad, the food was good and the conversation better.
Friends pushing me out of my comfort zone into things I'm not sure I'm ready for. I'm honored they have more faith in me than I have in myself.
Great husbands who not only take my kids so i can go out with friends, but willingly volunteers to take a friends three little ones too. So this man is alone with 6 kids, ages 10, 7,4,3,2, and 1 for 3.5 hours. He managed to sell a bike, clean up the tables and other yard sale mess left in the driveway, feed them all snacks that involved fruit, and have 2 out of the 6 asleep without killing anyone or the use of duct tape. (even when I left it sitting in the middle of the table, just in case...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I LOVE that you left him the duct tape. That was SO kind of you!!!!!! you crack me up.
I still can't believe that she just knocked on your door to buy your stuff - now that is some serious dedication to the Gymboree. Hilarious!!
You managed to fit 4 of my favs in one post...yard sales, moms, friends and hubby!
Gymboree? Did someone say Gymboree? I'd have knocked down your door, too. ;)
Post a Comment