

Drawing with Dax. Dax is always asking us to draw things on his magnadoodle. Usually it's things like "a twain, a zebra, an airpwain, a hot doctor (helicopter)" etc... Usually I do ok, but this time, he asked for a family portrait including the dog. So, I don't do people. I tried, really, I thought, how hard can stick people be?" See...they are horrible! And the clothes, wow, I think Stacey and Clinton will be running in any minute with those ill fitting, transparent clothes. Dax and Finn didn't even get clothes. Heck, Finn didn't even get arms! Dax was not to bothered by the people, but the dog, he was bothered by that poor excuse for man's best friend. He looked at me with those big blue eyes and said, "Sophie needs furry knees. Dogs have furry knees." I told him he was right and he should try drawing Sophie. He did! And I must say his "Sophie" (at the top) is far better than mine, furry knees and all!
Building a cool tent/tunnel with my guys.
Sometimes I do put clothers on them.
For me, being at home is the only choice. No matter what we have given up to do it. For our family it is the right thing and everyday, even the hardest ones, even when I'm waiting on my porch for 10 minutes to be picked up for a girl's night out, I love what I do and I wouldn't trade my moments here for the world. For every other mom out there working in or out of the house, part time, full time, pajama time, if your heart is full, I want to say, you go girl! Today is a day for mamas!
I'm not one to talk politics on my blog. In all honesty, there really isn't a party line I fit with. I've often thought of creating my own party, but I'm thinking it would be more trouble than it's worth and I'd never be able to choose the colors for the buttons, let alone a running mate. Since moving to Illinois a few years ago I have felt pretty useless as a voting member of society because honestly, in Illinois, if you live south of Chicago you have no voice. Your vote might as well be written with crayon on a bathroom wall. When I lived in Ohio voting was important! In Ohio everybody counts. You never know which way things might play out in the end and it is exciting! So, for this election whether I like Obama or I don't doesn't really matter because my state it his state. If only I'd held on to my residence status in Ohio!
This election will make history, no matter who wins we are about to change the course of our nation. That is something pretty amazing. I have been kind of in a blah spot with this election, not really excited. Today changed that. Today a real, honest to goodness mom joined the game. Not a life long politician, not married to a life long politician, not an attorney, not a polished ivy league grad, but a mom. A mom of five, yes five. These are not grown up, out of the house five, but some little guys. Not perfect, styled GAP model kids, but real kids. She's a military mom, a mom of teenage girls, a mom of an elementary aged little girl, a mom of a baby with Down Syndrome. She doesn't just say what she believes she walks it. Even if I don't agree with all her politics, I respect that. Like her or don't like her, this is something that excites me. This says to my daughter you can really do anything and you can do it as a woman, not a man wanna be.
I loved talking to my own mom tonight and hearing the same excitement in her voice. Mom's are pretty cool you know.
So, after I Googled Sarah Palin this morning and read her bio and more, and learned about her five kids would you like to guess what I Googled next? Those who know me well will only smile, there will be no surprises for them. "Sarah Palin's children's names" Yeah, there is that name freak part of me coming out. Let's just say I was not let down here...Track, Piper, Willow, Bristol, and Trig. And those aren't blog names ladies. This lady has got a bit of spunk.
2 comments:
Praises for stay at home dad's too. Another little wrench for the wench. Now I know name calling is naughty and all but I couldn't resist.
As usual you have some thought-provoking things to say! :) Good stuff.
Man, did you watch the Palin speech tonight? That is one tough lady. Love her! :)
And also...I see you switched up the look of your blog while I was gone...looks good! I wish I was all talented like that.
Post a Comment