Thursday, November 13, 2008

Another day last week...

Can you tell I should have blogged more last week? Oh well, I'll get back to the pumpkin patch and Halloween eventually!

Last Friday, we had a handsome little guest. You can find out a bit more about him here. Once upon a time his family used to live in our town and they were pretty cool people to have around. They then left, headed east to the far away state of Indiana. I must say, I miss this boy's mama. Oh, I knew she'd do great, make lots of new friends, cause honestly you could not meet this women and not like her or at least find her incredibly amusing. Well, unless she was mute that day or something. It was nice to have her back on a Thursday night for a few hours and we loved that she had this conference she had to go to so she just had to leave this guy with us for the morning..it was such a put out and all! I'm sure the family he spent the afternoon with felt just the same!

I didn't know how my guys would react to an almost three month old hanging out. Dax's first reaction was simple, "Why didn't my friend, Claire, come?" After that he just wanted him to smile at him. Fussiness somewhat annoyed him. He really didn't care that Cooper might have a bellyache, he'd rather just watch Dora. Finn on the other hand, Finn was loving this guy! When he cried he'd run and get his binky. When he'd laugh Finn would laugh. When he fussed, Finn would gently pat him, or lay his head on his back. When he slept, Finn would toddle in every 10 minutes or so to check on the 'babeeee". It was so sweet I could hardly stand it!

And when he left...Finn waved and called "bye bye babeee". Dax, well, he didn't really notice till he heard the door shut. He then ran and looked out the window, screaming "Who took that baby? Where is he going?? I don't want him to play with Caroline and Charlotte, I want him to stay at MY house!" Guess he kind of liked him after all, or he's three and he's not big on sharing!

So, you know that I couldn't possibly have a baby here and not take pictures! That would be like asking me not to hug him. How would that be possible? And then, man, he had a messy diaper. You know what that means? Yep, almost naked baby pictures! (no babies were harmed in the making of this slide show)

4 comments:

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

We did feel the same! Charlotte is still saying, "Where Baby Cooper?"

Amy said...

You have the cutest subject to work with ... isn't he just divine? Though maybe I'm just a bit partial.... being the mama and all. Thanks again for keeping him. Messy diaper and all. Can you send me those?

Sarah said...

I love Coop's man burps. One big burp and it's all done. :)

Sarah said...

great work with the pics, by the way!