Thursday, December 4, 2008

Praises

We didn't have to go anywhere this morning. I read Christmas books with the boys instead of rushing them into clothes.

I have a dog who works like a vaccum cleaner. Cheerios, Whales, maybe a few ritz here and there. I'm not sure what shape my house would be in without her!

Kind people who take pity on my daughter and drive her home from choir practice. She even made it home early enough that I could take a shower alone before going to church tonight...whoo hoo (it's the small things!)

Friendly church faces. I got the priveledge of serving a hundred and some of the best faces out there tonight. This was my first time to help serve dinner at the new church (remember, I've been avoiding the kitchen like the plague) I actually rather enjoyed it. shhh...don't tell anyone!

Chatting with friends. Seems like it's been a while since I've felt connected to some of my favorite people. I love seeing their smiling faces!

Snow, melting, snow falling. It's all so pretty.

My girls. Those ones who have other Mama's who are amazing enough to loan me their girls every now and then. I'm blessed to have them in my world and I hope they really know how much I mean that! I see you girls. I think you are pretty incredible and don't let anyone ever convince you otherwise!

Prayer. Feeling connected to others. A few moments of quiet in a noisy land.

Laughter. Hearing my kids giggle. I'm not sure there is a better sound in all the world!

Sitting down at the end of a day with all the little people in bed. Spending time with my mom even though she is so far away.

Mike being awake when I finish talkign with mom. Watching something silly on the DVR and talking before he heads off to bed and I stop in here. Ending the day talking with Mom and Mike with little people sleeping soundly makes me feel like all is well in the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It reads like all is well in the world too. You so nailed it with the kids giggles. Nothing sweeter.

Happy holidays to you guys!

Anonymous said...

There is nothing better for the soul than an attitude of gratitude. I admire yours!