Monday, January 12, 2009

Coming Home..

Praises...

A place to come home to with three little faces peeking out the window waving and smiling, yelling "Mom!" how I wish I had this moment on video, I guess in someways it's burned into my mind. How I missed them. Well, ok, maybe not all the chaos and tantrums, but i sure missed them, all three of them. And the dog too...

My sister in law who waited for me to make it home from the hospital today before she left for home. She ended up stuck in bad weather and her trip took longer than she expected. She checked on accident victims, called 911...her week was just one big thrill ride too! I love this girl, I hope she knows how blessed our family is to have her and how thankful I am for her.

Nurses who found time in their schedules to come in and chat, share, laugh a little. My 8th floor nurses were all pretty great people who work a hard job and and didn't complain...well, not too much! =) I am slightly missing people just popping in and bringing me whatever I want, crazy how that works!

Prayers. I can feel them surrounding me, from near and far. They are making this easier. Notes in the mail, notes on here, phone calls from people just checking in.

Friends picking up the slack at church. I must say, I am missing my Jr. high peeps something fierce...has it been forever or is this just my imagination? I have even had weird dreams about them! thanks you Traci for teaching today, I'll be back sooner or later, I promise!

My mom and Mike, without whom I would not even be able to function in this world. There are just here. They are doing it all without complaints, without a thought. God gave these two people to me knowing I would need them like no others. I owe him more than I could ever say for this gift.

Dax being so worried about hurting me. He wants to love, but he's afraid of my tummy and that "big cut". He keeps checking his belly to make sure he doesn't have a big cut. He read his monster feelings book three times tonight and wanted me to sing a little piano duet of Twinkle Twinkle Little star with him. He's a good guy, he just doesn't know where to put all his emotions. I hope life starts to head back to normal for this guys. 3 is hard! I'm so glad for those around him who love him anyway!

Snuggling with Finn at bedtime. Oh how I missed snuggling with his sweet little warm footy jammy covered softness. I also enjoyed watching him string a box full of bubble wrap all over the family room floor, stomping on it with all his might trying to get the bubbles to pop!

Time. Time to work through all the the things that I know are coming. Time to be grateful. Time to be with my family. Time to laugh with my friends, talk with my brothers, and type praises...

6 comments:

The Sullivan Sitcom said...

We are so glad that you are home. Glad that you are able to blog and keep us all updated, and super glad that your people have you back.

Now make a shopping list for me...with Brands/flavors so I can go to the store for you...I'm sure you must need the basics...

Anonymous said...

So very glad you are back @ home. We have all missed you!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! you're home! we miss seeing you guys. please call when you need help with something, anything, anything at all, at any time of the day or night. we are all here for you. love and blessings, donna

Anonymous said...

So glad you are home!

Amy said...

Glad to know you are home safe and sound. How about some nice ...boring posts for awhile huh? No drama ... my potential ulcer can't take it =)

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

Marci, I'm so glad you are home and on the mend. You know I'm in town a lot so give me a call if you need groceries, toilet paper, wine....whatever!!

Now I'm hoping for a few updates from you with NO DRAMA! Seriously, girl you guys need a break.