Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Praises after the venting!

There were praises before but do to rantings of a Mama and several dramatic weeping episodes of a preteen (I do apologize if you live close enough to me that you had the privilege of hearing one of these fits flow from our open windows.) These praises were put on the back burner till all little people went to bed!

It was a glorious day outside again! This little boy finally understood why wearing green today was a good thing and short sleeves even better after his little old man out burst before preschool this morning. It went a little something like this, "I hate green shirts! And I hate short sleeves! I can't wear short sleeves, I'll freeze, I'll just freeze!" How old is he, 98? In the end it was all good and my little preschool cowboy came home and had a wonderful afternoon!

We had a picnic on the side porch for lunch. It wasn't too exciting, a little peanut butter, some water, and messy orange chips (doritos, nutritious, I know) but it played to raves reviews. I can't get enough of "Thank you for this picnic, Mommy. Thank you for letting us have messy orange chips, Mommy. I just love our picnic, Mommy" Yeah, so I I'm a sucker for little boys who kiss up, what can I say?

After lunch their were moments of brotherly love writing names in the dirt.

We discovered our noon day shadows!

Then we introduced them to each other! It's amazing how such little things can be so much fun!


We decided we should put play time on hold until after a good rest! (we did take him inside, I promise!)

Everyone was bathed, fed, and done whining by the time American Idol started! Made for the perfect cuddle up evening!

Ahh...sweet spring!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I do love the shadow thing. Kills a good hour =)