Thursday, May 14, 2009

More than a week...

It's been so long since I've even intended to post that I had to re-loggin to my blogger site, and I momentarily forgot the password...but I'm here now. I have way too many pictures to post. I have too many things to blog. Whenever this happens it has this crazy snowball effect that sounds a little something like this...

*warning*what you are about to read is filled with very long run on sentences, inappropriate punctuation, and tons of inconsequential rambling that might lead you to believe there are voices in my head. There are, but I'm hoping you have them too so you won't be too concerned. Anyway, continue at your own risk.

"Oh shoot, I was too tired to blog Mother's Day. I really should have blogged Mother's Day, it would have been funny. Next year I think I'll spend the day with just my husband. Man, that isn't nice to say, because I'm really grateful I have three great kids and if I blog about how I want to spend Mother's Day without them that might sound bad. Oh well, the people that read my blog have read about my kids, they probably would get why dinner out with all of them might have ended with Mike and I looking at each other, rolling our eyes, giggling, and him asking if I wanted to eat dessert at a nice table by the window alone. They might even laugh when I mention that the best line of the day was uttered by Dax who upon being offered a cookie from the bakery in Kroger while throwing a tantrum stopped long enough to say, "you know, this isn't going to make me be quiet, it isn't going to make me calm down, it isn't going to make me happy" then he proceeded to eat it and continue his fit. At least he's honest. I think my loyal readers might totally get my thought that Mother's Day should be spent with your children if they no longer live with you and without your children if they do live with you. What about those others? You know, the readers I don't know are there? Yeah, I just ran into one of those people. Someone who mentioned they've been reading my blog. Someone I enjoy...but it made me stop and wonder, who is out there? And if they are out there, why does no one comment? Even my own family never comments, don't they know comments are like an addiction. It's like the UPS man left a package on my porch when I see a new comment! Speaking of packages, there have been a lot of those lately. Dax's birthday gifts have been coming, I kind of wish those people had all warned me that the gifts where not wrapped in the box. That boy has been lucky, he's gotten a UPS gift two days in a row now. He just keeps muttering "it's my lucky day, it's just my lucky day, mom". Now he's up one police Lego set, one transformer, one play dough set, a little tike's work bench from a garage sale...I should post pictures of that, it was one heck of a deal for $8, and one random orange robot also from a garage sale. This boy, he thinks he's gone to heaven! I'm his mother and I have yet to buy him one gift. I should blog about that...what a slacker mom I am that I have not bought him one gift and birthday is tomorrow. Actually his birthday is in less then two hours...I can blog about that tomorrow. Wait, did I ever blog about Lily's birthday? Oh crap, I didn't, I facebooked the pictures of the ear piercing but I didn't blog it! Sigh...she's going to think I forgot her. I better back blog the birthday before I blog Dax's. I never blogged the children's museum pictures either. Or all the choir stuff. Oh man, all those choir pictures. Did I blog about that? I need to go back and check, I did post something. Well, not all of it, I'm sure. Did I post that Lily got a 1 rating in the district? That they then went to state where they received a 1? Oh, I don't know...but,for an elementary school choir, they are amazing. She is loving it!! I really need to blog that, people must think I neglect Lily she is on the blog so infrequently. I have some great pictures of her from Mother's Day, maybe I'll post those. Yeah I should post those. Why does blogger take so much more time to upload pictures to than facebook? Why can't they let me drag and drop? I'd put off blogging less. I really wished I'd blogged praises last night so I could have mentioned all those little treasure chest cakes and swearing at my children(that would have exactly been a praise, but the fact that I finished them, with a little help, would have been). I also could have mentioned youth group and how excited I was that the girls were really interested in the subject and after my long study of Daniel, I had some answers, or at least some insight. I also might have mentioned how much I love seeing those confirmation crosses on a few of them all the time. If I back blog all this stuff now I'm going to hit post 250 before I'm ready and I want to do a giveaway, I've never done one...maybe new people will comment, then maybe I will want to blog more. Wait, I'm not supposed to be blogging for comments, I'm supposed to be blogging to record my praises and my family's day to day being...for us...oh man, I should really just do tonight's praises and go to bed, it's almost midnight."

Thursday's Praises....

If you've been to the Sullivan Sitcom, you know it was Pirate Day at school today. This is a praise, because it is also the day before Dax's birthday and his day to bring treats. Oh yes...bless those lovely ladies at preschool who thought this up! A themed party with 20 of Dax's closest friends (in costume). Treasure hunts, stories read, pictures taken, and all I had to do was spend 20 hours making treasure chest cakes, ok, so I didn't have to, but you know that Miss Traci sets the bar pretty darn high with her cute little goodies bags all the time. I love doing the project while planning it and while taking the pictures when it's done, it's that middle part I struggle with!

We made it to school on time this morning! In costume, with treats, and all we forgot was Dax's hook and Mrs. Turney's card.

I got to take some super cute class pictures of the gang in their pirate gear. It was great to be with Dax at school in the morning and not have him throwing any type of fit!

Having "Addis" at church this morning so I could drop off Finn before taking Dax to school. My little pirate never would have left preschool if he'd have gotten in there!

Spending some good quality time "crafting" and chatting with the church ladies.

Picking up Dax, sans most of his pirate costume, in great spirits from school and having a camera full of cute pictures of he and his friends. Thanks Mrs. Turney! Glad you enjoyed the camera! Someday maybe I'll even post some of these pictures!

Dax is done with his first year of preschool. I'm glad he made it through even if the mornings were sometimes a bit crazy! I'm thankful his teacher didn't just shake her head and send him packing the first day I dropped him off throwing a fit about hating school. Funny thing was, at the end of everyday school was great! Well, except for that one day when he said all they did was sit around and look at each other all day. Hmmm...I should ask them about that one! =)

A beautiful sunny day in the middle of all the rain! It was great to play outside!

Lily pulling herself together enough to make it home before she fell apart after one heck of a fall off her bike. I'm glad she's just sporting a goose egg and a scraped arm. I almost thought about how she needed a cell phone..... really, I'm still kidding....and I'm using way too many"...."

Spending my evening watching our local choirs perform. They really should be proud of how good they are. Let's just say I was not looking forward to lots of choir concerts this year. I was in choir once and they were really not fun to listen to for very long! Lily's director is great with them. I really enjoyed myself. It may have been that I was in part really thankful to have not brought my other children!


Taking Lily out way too late to dinner at a local bar, um, I mean family eating establishment. It was nice to just sit and have dinner with her alone. She's growing up! In a lot of ways I can't wait for 5th grade to be done! In others I wish she was the one turning 4! I love those preschoolers. They fit on your lap and sometimes life is just easier that way.


Coming home to three sleeping boys. Life is good.


You...those who are still reading. God bless you. You must be really interested or totally bored out of your mind. Thanks for making it this far. Now just so you know, this is post 246. When we get to 250, I just might be giving something away! Stay tuned! And hey, comment. If you made it this far you deserve some recognition! Oh, a picture post supporting this one, will be posted tomorrow. It's just to late to do it now, the spell check/correction alone may take 20 minutes! Aren't you glad to know this?


Ok, so one picture. If you made it this far you deserve a little reward. See my son, he looks a tad like a pirate Cyclops with a bad attitude, what's up with that?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, I never get comments either. I just love reading your posts and I drop by every morning just to see what's new.
Lily is such an amazing girl! I wish I could be around her more often. She is at the age I especially enjoy. You know just before the I know everything and you people are so embarssing.Ok the spelling is bad. But you know what I mean.
On xanga I can see how many people have stopped by without commenting but here I don't know how to find out that. Let me know.
Today is garage sales in a ton of neighborhoods. We plan on leaving around 9AM.
Looking forward to more pictures!
Love and hugs
A. L

Anonymous said...

I did this anon. because I have forgotten my password. Geesh!
Love
A. Lynda

The Sullivan Sitcom said...

I read this entire post...in one big breath...laughing my behind off...you crack me up!

Oh and just so you know, my "goodie bag" flip-flops are having some ribbon issues...I've been finding fallen ribbon on my driveway all week! Maybe all that ribbon wasn't quite ready to depart me! hehe!

Anonymous said...

you crack me up. really you do.

Anonymous said...

Well I check in almost everyday and I squealed tonight when I saw that you had posted. I read the WHOLE thing and laughed the whole time! Can't wait to see more pictures - Carrie A.

Beth said...

This was very funny, Marci. I enjoy reading what you write a lot. You always have fantastic pictures, too. You are doing an amazing job as a mother so keep up the good work. I think your Dax might be my Amanda - feisty, opinonated but yet still so lovable. I may need some tips in the near future on how to tame their inner beast. Lovingly, of course!

Anonymous said...

well you know that the uhlman's check in several times daily with all of us girls being blogreaders-so we love it when you have new posts and pics - sorry we hardly ever comment - we will try to do better. love, donna

Unknown said...

Am I the "someone"? LOL! I promise that I am not stalking you. You have been cracking me up since the moment I met you, so post away! I love reading it all. I also agree with the idea of spending Mother's Day alone...should we feel bad about that??? Nah!