Friday, May 22, 2009

Two Days of Praises and a Giveaway!

**Update** Giveaway is closed! But you can still download a free song from Seeds here and get a code for 25% off their music! Thanks so much to the Seeds people for sharing this with us!

The Seeds we will be blowing your way in our first Giveaway at the end of this post!



Two beautiful days for playing outside!


My blogger is looking perfectly normal tonight!!

The American Idol Finale. Love seeing the humble good guy pull it off! Or maybe I should say that I love that our country is still choosing the humble guy next store as the kind of person we want our kids to look up to. Yay for Kris! It was quite a show!

Spending time sitting on the floor with the boys taking turns giving me hugs and kisses. I know these days won't last forever. I couldn't help this song running through my head as they decided to do a joint hug and I just held them both and rocked them. The smell of their little boy hair, and the sound of their little boy giggles. I just wanted to bank it in my memories forever, the sound, the smell, the feeling of their squishy, squirmy little tummies. Love.

After school chats with a preteen. I hope they stick around for a long time. I hope they one day turn into late night phone conversations with a grown up daughter.

Late night phone conversations with a grown up mama, a couple of states away.

My little brother and his faith and strength. His fiance, and how much she loves him.

Youth group scavenger hunts. I love these girls. The make me laugh, even sometimes cry, and always roll my eyes =). Have a great summer girls!

Bible study final exams. Oh yes, I liked it! =) My Bible Study homework slackers. I am thankful that they let me lead them, or just let me follow Miss Beth following Jesus and doing all the homework for them. I'm glad we made it to the end of Daniel all in one piece, and I for one feel slightly smarter!

A bubble container that really does not spill! Really! There was no screaming, no one ended up wet, and we still have bubbles left over. Small things are totally worth praising, let me tell ya!

Having my camera out to catch Dax's first fall off his bike!

The helmet and hostas that softened the blow and made for great pictures!

The little brother that went running to "Hep Dax!"



A 2 year old who sees no reason why he can't climb the tallest tree in the yard.

The innocence that makes spiders crawling on cars both intriguing and a bit "scaredy"all at the same time! The sweet anticipation of the end of the school year.



The baby bunnies bouncing in and out under the shed.



A long weekend looming with not to much on the agenda.



A sweet husband who both cooked dinner and did the dishes.



A sweet new baby niece sleeping somewhere out there tonight with her mommy and daddy and two new big sisters waiting for the little one to come home to join them! A healthy, uneventful delivery. I'm still waiting for a name...I'll share more details when I have them!!




The beauty that God laid all around us so that we wouldn't forget He is always near.





*******************************************************************************

Did Someone Mention A Giveaway??

Oh yes! Oh yes she did!

In honor of my 25oth post, the sweet sweet feel of the warm sun being out for 4 days in a row, Memorial Day weekend, and Most especially my new little baby niece, I am feeling like I should give something away!

What? What should I give? Hmmmm....how bout a seed? It is spring, right?

About a year ago I read this blog post over at It's Almost Naptime and thought, wow, great idea, I'll have to get one of those CD's.

When I say Bible verses set to music you probably think, "oh yeah, exciting" followed by an eye roll. I've been reading Missy's blog long enough to know that she probably wouldn't be playing some sort of headache inducing hokey music for her kids. She just seems a bit more hip than that. It took me until Christmas to order one. We started with Seeds of Purpose, we were hooked.

Since then we and the Seeds Family worship CD's have bonded! We now have 4 of them and listen in the car, in the boys bedroom, and my favorite, at clean up time. We put one of these on right before lunch and we alternate dancing and cleaning up toys. Finn dances his little heart out! It is totally praiseworthy! Dax yells "Dance Mama, Dance" if I keep cleaning during a dance song, he's good, that guy!

Seeds is doing something new with their packaging now. They have a great concept of how planting God's word is like planting seeds. They now send you two copies of each CD when you by one. One to keep and one to share. So we are sharing...with YOU!

Here is how it works! The winner of this little giveaway will receive one brand new Seeds CD (never played, can't guarantee some little hands haven't pried off the tape that once sealed it shut). You may choose between Seeds of Courage, Faith, or Praise. We close this contest when the last of these three things occur Sunday, 10 comments (all from different people!) on this post, and my new niece has a name! So...this could close Sunday, or it could be July, we'll see! =) Until then, you can go here and listen to a few of the songs on the CD! Enjoy!

33 comments:

Melissa Smallenberger said...

Ok so how can I be the first comment - I guess because I am still up working at 1:40 in the morning huh?

Marci love the blog and Congrats on 250th post!

Beth said...

Congratulations on your 250! I love your praises and I love that you find the good in everything. It's contagious!

The Sullivan Sitcom said...

You have been talking about these cd's for a while now, so I'm very intrigued. Love your blog and enjoy reading it. Congrats on your first giveaway!

Anonymous said...

Marci,
hey, I stop by all the time, but I fail to comment. Sorry 'bout that.

I love the SEEDS music CDs and I too discovered them because of Missy. I have all four, so you don't need to send me any. But I figure my commenting means someone else will win sooner. ;-)

Sophie's Dad said...

Give me the CD's and I'll make copies for EVEYONE! (no, that'd be bad, wouldn't it? Or would it? Probably so.)

petiteblogger said...

This is the first time I've come across your blog. So fun! I'd love to enter this giveaway, these cds sound great. Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

I don't know anything about Seeds but would love to check it out (especially if it's free). We have 5 children under five and love teaching them new songs and doing our family devotions. Thanks.

~Valerie
mvmusser@yahoo.com

Jenny said...

I came over from It's Almost Naptime. We have Seeds of Purpose, but I didn't realize that they have other Seeds CDs. I love the one we have and I'm definitely going to have to get more! (also going to have to check your blog out more... I like what I see.) :)

Elaine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elaine said...

I love all the pictures of the kids. I've read all 250 and would love to win the CD. I promise to comment more often.

M-I-L

Heather said...

This sounds like a great CD. Thanks for doing this giveaway!!

Kelli said...

These sound great! What a fantastic giveaway!!

Kelli

Jackie said...

Marci! 250 - that's pretty awesome - congrats!

I remember when Missy talked about this, and it sounds great. Savannah loves anything to do with music, and if we can get some of God's word in her heart at the same time, even better!

amanda said...

I am here from Missy's blog...she is a good friend of mine and got me hooked on Seeds worship. We only have one and would love to have more!

Heather Easterday said...

Hi, Marci! I'm from Seeds Family Worship!

Congrats on your 250th post! We'd like to celebrate with you, too.

Here's a link to a free download of a song from our 5th and newest album! When you visit the download page, we'll also give you a coupon code for 25% your purchase of CDs!

Enjoy. . .we're so happy your family is benefiting from Seeds1

Melissa from Puddin Pop Designs said...

Hi, I just stumbled over from It's Almost Naptime and love your blog!
I woudl also LOVE to win the give away! Seeds is AWESOME!!
Thanks for sharing!!
Oh- and congrats on 250!

Sarah E. said...

I would love to win the CDs. What a great way to teach my children more Truth!

Heather Easterday said...

Oh. . .if I wasn't clear, the celebratory free download from Seeds Family Worship (see comment above) is for all your readers--feel free to share!

Amy said...

I am enjoying looking around your blog. I found it from Almost Naptime. The CD's sound great!

kitchenisclosed said...

I am so glad I have found out about these CD's! I would love to win one!

Patty said...

CDs sound great. My grandbabies would benefit from them most but I think we all will enjoy! I'm in!

Julie said...

Hi! I'm visiting from It's Almost Naptime. Throw my hat in you your ring. Always looking for ways to hide that Word!

The Sullivan Sitcom said...

I never win anything, so I just went and ordered vol 1-3...can't wait to share my extras with others...awesome!

Mrs. S said...

Can't wait to hear the baby's name! Seeds sounds wonderful! Excited to check it out.
Thanks,
Tai

Anonymous said...

marci congrats on your 250th post! how exciting and look at all those comments! the c.d.'s are awesome - great giveaway! music and scripture - it doesn't get any better than that. love, donna

hilarylarson said...

Thanks for the giveaway - love the Seeds cd. Great blog too!

Carol said...

I love the idea of the CDs! I will definitely have to check them out. New to your blog too...I followed you over from Missy. I've got some poking around here to do!

NeedANap2 said...

Sounds great, thanks for the giveaway!! :)

Melanie said...

I came over from It's Almost Naptime. I haven't heard of the Seeds music before and would love to check it out!

Thanks!

Kimberly said...

That would be great to get my little guy memorizing!!

The Burgess family said...

I would love to try "Seeds" with my 3 little ones, sounds great!

Aaron Sauer said...

Wow, SEEDS sounds really great. What a neat way to establish God's word in small hearts. I would love to be entered! Thank you!

Jill said...

Congratulations on your 250th post!

I've heard about the Seeds CDs but have never bought one. Thank you for the opportunity to win one!