Sunday, May 24, 2009

We Have a Winner or Two.... and more praises...

We decided since today was the first church day without Sunday School that we would not wake anyone up and we'd go to church if today was like yesterday and everyone was up at 6:30am. Today no one woke up until 8:15 and Finn slept until 9:30! Needless to say we didn't make it to church but we did have a wonderful day together rejoicing in the beautiful day He made!


We finally had enough empty time on a beautiful day to scrub down all of the big outside toys and get them up and running. Dax has been waiting for his sand and water table for weeks!

Everyone enjoyed the "scrubfest" and ended up soaking wet. Perfect thing on a hot spring afternoon! I didn't have my camera out for that one...I guess I was a little afraid!

This morning we had a baby bird come to visit. I think it may have been it's graduation from the nest day. It manged to get stuck in our garage and Mike had to carry it out to the front yard. I convinced my boys, whose first reaction was to chase it, to sit quietly in the grass and watch. Soon we saw a male a female cardinal come to prod the baby on. They never went too far, chasing other birds out of the yard and chirping at the baby. It didn't really look like a cardinal baby, not that I'd know what one looked like, but this little guy was pretty ugly. Maybe he was just in his adolescent period of gangliness with no pretty red yet. These cardinals were definitely it's parents, prodding and protecting. It's amazing to watch God's creations and how their parenting instincts are just like ours. Push him, and protect him. Just like God wants to do for us, push us and protect us. I last saw these guys sometime this afternoon as they chased a blue jay out of the yard. I take it that is a good sign and the little gangly bird might have found his wings!


Tacos and happy boys eating tacos made our Sunday that feels like a Saturday evening complete!

Everyone is snuggled up watching Tinkerbell on the Disney channel and thee cool breeze is blowing in the windows. God is good.

*********************************************************************************

And we have a winner! Or two...

Tonight the boys in all their usual exuberance helped me choose our winner. We had to make two changes to the original plan. First, due to my husband leaving both my favorite stroller and our Seeds of Courage CD in the rental car we had last week while our car had a little dent banged out of it we will need to change the CDs up for grabs. I am hoping to get both of these things back, but the car was rented out the next morning with our things still in them and we are just saying a little prayer! I figure maybe the person renting the car for the long weekend needed a little Seeds. So we are now taking the Courage CD out of the choice list in case ours doesn't make it back to us in one piece! This leaves Seeds of Faith and Seeds of Praise, both are great CDs! The second thing that changed was the fact that I thought the random number generator seemed cold and detached, and being that I didn't have hundreds of entries, I thought it would be more fun to do things the old fashioned way. You know, write the names on scraps of paper and put them all in a Barbie cup and let someone draw a name.

Problem, I have two someones who really wanted to draw a name. So we decided, two CDs, two winners. First name drawn gets to have their choice of Faith or Praise. So here it is, the crazy, noisy, chaotic video of two little boys drawing names of the winners...

**After watching this video, my mom would like me to clarify that Lily was the one helping hold the names up in front of the camera. So it is Lily's hand you see, as well as Lily who Dax was yelling rudely at. Mom just thought I should make sure you all did not think it was me he was yelling it. (Because of course, he would ever say any thing that was not sweet and sincere to his darling mother) Welcome to the world of three kids trying to "help" although I know many of you are familiar with this scenario!**


Welcome to my world! Congratulations, Amy! I know many many Amys but this one is new to me! I've been learning a little about her over at her blog, In Search of Normal. Homeschooling 6 kids! You need some musical interludes in your day! I love that you use Star Wars names for all your little people and I must say that little Yoda is quite a cutey!

Our second CD is going to be cheap on the shipping! Congratulations Melissa S.! We know that Ella will love this as much as Finn. Maybe they can do a duet for next year's WATCH talent show!

Thank you all for commenting. Thank you to all those who I know stop in all the time and to those of you who stopped by for the first time to try for some great music! Remember, if you didn't win (like I never do!!) go here to get your free download off the new Seeds CD and to get a code for 25% off any other music you might want to buy from them!

And just so you know, I don't work for Seeds. I don't even know anyone who does! I just feel blessed to have found them and love waking up with His word dancing in my head almost every morning!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! I have never won anything from a blog before! I am so excited, and so are the kids! Thank you. Can I give you my email address and then I can email you my mailing address? And we would love the Seeds of Praise, if that is ok.

I have enjoyed looking around your blog. Your kids are adorable. Do you like the sand/water table better than a sandbox? We moved recently so are putting in a new yard. I was planning on a sandbox, but your table looked fun too.
Thank you again.
Agman6@q.com

Melissa S said...

Thanks Marci! We too slept in after a busy Saturday with family and funny I said the same thing - if ella is up by 7 we are going - she slept to 9:30 - guess no nap on saturday tuckered her out. Can';t wait to see Finna dn Ella do the duet - the way she likes music she will love this - Mama too!

Jackie said...

Sweet! Congrats, ladies! I know they're gonna enjoy it. Since I didn't win, I guess I'll have to order my own. :)