Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I guess it's official...

She is really in the 6th grade. Tonight we went and met the teachers. So far so good! Looks like maybe there are some new friends on the horizon and and some old friends coming back on the scene. She seems to be happy. Her teachers this year seem great...and I have to add a little hallelujah on that one after our classroom last year. I'm excited to see where this year takes her, I just can't believe it's all going so fast!
I guess since we've officially met the teachers I can share her first day of school pictures from last Wednesday. I know...I'm totally slacking!


And just to prove she's not so grown up, or maybe to show you how nervous she was I'm going to show you where/how she slept the night before school started.


Yes, that is our ugly couch, with a bed rail (that is about to be put on Finn's bed). That is also "Bear Blankie" and yes, that is a sippy cup. I'm praying that the sippy cup had been left there by a little brother and that she really did not use that for her water cup. Either way, don't tell her I showed you this picture, it might be a tad embarrassing and I don't want to be in trouble!
****************************************************************************
While I'm posting, I should note that Finn has been binky free for two days now! Whooo Hooo.!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Awww.... wow! 6th grade. Wasn't she in like 1st or 2nd grade when we met? Geez. Happy 6th grade Lily!

Beth said...

Happy 6th grade, Lily! But I am cracking up over the bed rail on the couch. Is that really for her? Does she fall off the couch in her sleep? Great safety precaution, Mom!

Deirdre said...

miss you. You haven't posted in a while. I hope you guys are all fine and just too busy for blog-land