Monday, February 4, 2008


DSC_0274
Originally uploaded by Mama2LilyDaxFinn
Praises...

My baby brother Doshy is 22! Ok, Happy Birthday, Dosh, you old man! I'm very thankful that you where a late in the game addition to our family, I can't imagine life without you!

Songs for Dosh...there are so many that I could connect to you, but these two always make me think of you and smile. (and maybe get a little teary too!)





Wow..I'm having a hard time with this today, bare with me...Dosh is the biggy, is he big enough for one whole day? Give me a minute...I'll think of some more!

Husbands who do dishes!

Kids who still take naps!

Long lost cousins who drop in on their aunt and uncle and spend good quality time. (even if said cousins feel this writer/cousin sucks because she didn't come home to see them!)

Long late night talks with Mom.

Moms who don't go to bed early!

Being able to trust that even when you feel like there are a lot of things spinning out of control there is faith enough to know that they don't have to be in control, because that is not your job.

Let go, Let God....

I let go and just stumbled onto one of my girlfriend's blogs and just so happened it was enough to make me giggle so for that I'm adding....

Funny things that happen in other peoples houses that they throw out into blog land to amuse those of us in need of a little end of the day laughter. Maybe one day when I figure out how, I'll connect that story right here...

Quotes & video moments...

"He my baby brother? He my baby Finny? He my baby!"
"He gonna run with me, he gonna chase me! He gonna ride my bike and my scooter! He gonna ride my motorcycle too!"
"Ok, my Finny, let go play wif my gerotracks" Dax, early morning ramble...

Listening to my children discuss future plans....

Lily with her high hopes of living in a one bedroom house in Peoria with her 10 animals teaching 1st grade. (She did later say that really wasn't her goal, but she had to write something down so that was it...oh Lord!)

Dax who has now changed his goal of doing "God's work" to living a life "carrying GiGi (his giraffe) and sucking binky all day" Wow...

I did have hope for a moment when Lily said "Well then Finn will be president" until she added "of a Garbage truck company". Sigh...I guess that'll save me the Harvard tuition!

No comments: