I wanted to take a few minutes and say thank you. Most of you know I have been home in Ohio for the last week with my Dad who is in his final days of battling cancer. Although these days and the months before them have been rough the joys are there everyday. This week I am in awe of how God has blessed my life. He has given me a family that can all be in the same house day in and day out for a week under pretty sad circumstances and still love each other, still like each other even and mostly, still laugh together, even through tears.
God has given me an incredible husband who can take two kids and make it on his own (with help) for a while and never once complain. I couldn't do this without knowing he was out there. Three children who can roll with punches even on the bad days. They still make my heart smile, just hearing their voices on the phone and seeing that rotten little grin and a giggle trail off to go up the stairs for the 27th time today.
God has given me friends that I don't even begin to deserve. They have called, they have emailed, they have cooked, they have cared for my children, they have done my laundry, and they have prayed. This morning when beautiful flowers came to the door the tears came flowing. Those girls don't even know how much that meant. Knowing they have my back is a little miracle all on it's own.
My parents have family and friends here and all over sending in food, and prayers, and cards. people willing to pick up the pieces as they need to. I have in laws just waiting for the calls to help.
I can't even begin to say thank you. You have all richly touched my life and those of my family.
Blessings flow all around me. I am so blessed. Blessed to have a Dad who taught me to laugh, love music, and gave me a slight bit of artistic ability. Good, bad, or otherwise without him I would not be the person I am today.
34 years ago today, my parents welcomed me into this world, not knowing what the future held. Tonight I sit in a room with my Dad not knowing what the future holds, but I know that God is here and he holds it all in his hands. I pray that he will ease my Dad's pain and bring him peace and new legs to dance with.
God has given me an incredible husband who can take two kids and make it on his own (with help) for a while and never once complain. I couldn't do this without knowing he was out there. Three children who can roll with punches even on the bad days. They still make my heart smile, just hearing their voices on the phone and seeing that rotten little grin and a giggle trail off to go up the stairs for the 27th time today.
God has given me friends that I don't even begin to deserve. They have called, they have emailed, they have cooked, they have cared for my children, they have done my laundry, and they have prayed. This morning when beautiful flowers came to the door the tears came flowing. Those girls don't even know how much that meant. Knowing they have my back is a little miracle all on it's own.
My parents have family and friends here and all over sending in food, and prayers, and cards. people willing to pick up the pieces as they need to. I have in laws just waiting for the calls to help.
I can't even begin to say thank you. You have all richly touched my life and those of my family.
Blessings flow all around me. I am so blessed. Blessed to have a Dad who taught me to laugh, love music, and gave me a slight bit of artistic ability. Good, bad, or otherwise without him I would not be the person I am today.
34 years ago today, my parents welcomed me into this world, not knowing what the future held. Tonight I sit in a room with my Dad not knowing what the future holds, but I know that God is here and he holds it all in his hands. I pray that he will ease my Dad's pain and bring him peace and new legs to dance with.
I am so truly grateful for every moment and every memory.
4 comments:
Happy belated birthday, Marci. I am sorry I missed it. I missed Amy's and Emma's too.
You are a wonderful mother and friend and cousin and daughter. I have to think that what you put out into the world is so special that it comes back to you.
I love you very much.
WOW...tears are just pouring out!
I know that God has put YOU in my life for a reason. I am so grateful to him for that! Love you!
Your are truely blessed to have such great family and friends. I'am so thankful that we are friends. You are in my prayers. The flowers are beautiful. You know if need anything at anytime must call me I will do anything for you. Heres a hug.
Love ya
Sarah
I am so glad you got them - I almost asked you on my voicemail and that would have ruined the surprise! Happy Birthday darling! Amy and the gang
Post a Comment