Praises...
Finally getting the pictures of Lily's "photo shoot" up. If you scroll down the side you'll find them under slideshows.
Friends who understand and let you ramble.
Insurance!!!
More Antibiotics! We have 4 ear infections, one with a ruptured membrane.
Children's Motrin!
The knowledge that they will feel better soon, and there is good prognosis that the whining will cease.
Chatting with my brother.
Humor, even in the midst of sadness.
Quotes & Memorable moments...
hmmmm....well let's see today's most memorable moments involve Dax pulling out the stirrups, turning the lights on and off, climbing on the table, climbing out of the straps on the stroller, climbing under the stroller, and being belted back in the stroller so tight that he couldn't get out which led to extreme screaming as if he was being beaten, which lasted for a good ten minutes. All of these lovely things occurred in the pediatrician's office during Finn's appointment. I should have known right then that Dax was sick too, because although not an angel, that is off the wall behavior even for him! But, he told me he was fine.
This was followed by a trip to Walmart to pick up meds. I've never gone on a rant here before but, I could easily do so on the amount of time it takes the Walmart pharmacy to fill a prescription while you have two small children, one of them hurling items from the back of the cart. There were lectures, threats, hands on the jawline and very quite face to face discussions. And although these happened with Dax, I would have gladly shared the same experiences with the pharmacy employees. Almost an hour from call in to pick up...ridiculous!
The boys fell sweetly to sleep on the way home, I breathed a sigh of relief and carried their soft sleepy little bodies in the house and laid them in their beds. As Dax's head hit the pillow he rolled over and said "My ear hurts". The words I mumbled would not win me a parent of the year award. I responded to him with "well, guess you and Dad will be heading to after hours when he gets home!" And, they did.
Feeling like a horrible mother beacue we'd been dosing Finn up on Orajel & Mylicon thinking his teeth and tummy were the problem, never mind the ruptured ear drum!
So I guess today's memorables, could simply be chalked up under there will be better days and forgotten!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment