Sunday, March 16, 2008

Praises...

Beautiful singing at church this morning with lots of kids and lots of palm branches. It's the beginning of quite a week.

A Sunday School lesson for 7th graders that touched those of us long past 7th grade. (hope the kids got something out of it!)

Focus for what this week is about.

Sunday afternoon naps.

Saturday night trips to dinner and shopping...although next time we might spring for a babysitter!

God given strength.

Siblings. My own, whom I am so grateful for and my children's, because it makes me laugh watching the relationships develop!

My children, everyday they make me laugh and cry and sometimes yell (although I have mostly given that up for Lent) but at the end of each day I can't imagine the sadness of life without them.

Quotes & Memorable adventures...

Dax's Sunday School teacher asked him to park his bike and take a seat at the table this morning, he did as he was asked and said "I'm sorry, I missed you!".

This part is all about Lily...almost! Lily has grown out of loving to play in front of the camera. She runs when I get it out. She hides behind her hand and other things and just is overly non cooperative, which is why you rarely see pictures of her on here. She does have a lot to say, however most of these things really don't make a good blog quote. There are a few exceptions, but for the most part Dax is the highly quotable member of our family right now. Lily once was. It's too bad I didn't do this when she was 2, I could have filled pages each day! Those of you who knew her well at 2 know what I mean! Today she decided to jump in front of the camera, but it had to be on her terms. She set up a "back drop" in honor of Palm Sunday and had some sort of image of what type of pictures she wanted. What she wanted most was for her brothers to go the heck away! The pictures I liked the very best were the ones she didn't realize I was taking and the ones of what was going on outside the back drop area. She didn't quite realize that the back drop wouldn't fill the whole photo if I took a body shot, but that's ok, I wasn't big on body shots anyway.

Ok, I've got it, finally! You will find it listed on the side under slideshows, because I can't figure out how to put it in here! These are in order of how they were taken. I love how long it took Lily to start posing! There is only one giant peach in this shoot, it was funny to watch the progression of the peach. I also greatly enjoyed watching Dax try to mimic his sister's "head tilt" and Finn trying to take the book and bite her. It got to the point where all her attempts at a "serious" photo shoot went right out the window and those are some of the best pictures!

No comments: