Friday, March 14, 2008

Praises...

I made a dent in the clothing pile in my basement. That place where I take things that are outgrown and store the things that are still too big.

The boys greatly enjoyed throwing piles of clean folded laundry in the air and rolling on them. This was not a praise at the time...but this evening, after I had a long hot shower, I realized that one day, I will not have little boys who take pleasure in such silly things and I will look back on today and somehow miss it.

Boys who enjoy being right with their Mama all the time. Again, this one too became a joy after the hot shower.

A husband who comes home after work, takes the kids out to play, and tells me as I can use all the hot water in the house if I want. I like this guy! I didn't use all the hot water, but I tell you, I am grateful for every drop I did use!

The ability to put this day in perspective now rather than looking back years from now.

Playing outside.

Neighbors that we haven't seen for a while.

Friday night movies on the Disney channel.

Quotables...

The hot water quote mentioned above does deserve rementioning. "I've got the kids, we're gong outside, you use all the hot water in the house." (hhmmm, maybe I just smelled really bad?)

Dax, 15 minutes after tossing all the clothes in the air and rolling on them, he scooped them up, brought them back to me and said, without provocation, "Mommy, I'm sorry I took your clothes and threw them in the air, here they are for you." Finn responded by pushing the pile back on the floor...but hey, gotta look for the little joy of that great apology!

After a very difficult getting to nap day, Dax stumbled out of bed and came out to the family room, looked at me with his sleepy eyes and his bed head and said, "I love you, mommy, will you hold me?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marci,
I just wanted to let you know how awesome your journal is!! It really encourages me to both start one of my own and also to take a second look at my challenges during the day. Thank you so much for including me in this!!

Love,
Michelle

mnmcrum said...

Sorry, I'm the anonymous from earlier. Just me!!