Friday, April 11, 2008

Emerging Finn





Finn seems to be coming into his own as of late. I guess a first birthday and a couple weeks of being an only child instead of the third does that to a boy. Although, as this personality emerges I feel a bit worried.

Seems whenever Dax needs me, Finn takes full advantage of the situation. Today Dax yelled for potty help, Finn helped himself to Dax's yogurt. It did however leave him with a rockin hairdo. He eats cereal puffs off the table with his face, rather than his hands, he dances like a crazy man, laughs easily, and will do about anything to make others laugh. He enjoys any sort of musical instrument and has a special affinity for little pretend people of any kind. He rolled over before he was two weeks old, but has yet to take a step. He seems to have the strength, the balance, but just not the faith, we're working on that. I figure if I could get him off the floor he'd stop putting so much weird stuff in his mouth. (Did I mention his love of dog food?)

He also has been blessed with his mother's grace. I have had two toddlers before this one, he is not the speed demon stealth bomber his brother always has been, nor is he the innocent well behaved little angel his sister was (ok, it's been 9 years, I barely remember, but she was much easier than Dax) he is his own guy. If there some place to hit his head, he'll hit it. If there is a drawer to pinch his fingers in, he'll pinch them. Probably, he'll pinch them multiple times. Yesterday he pinched his fingers in the same drawer 5 times in ten minutes. At what point as a parent is it ok to drop the sympathy and simply say "duh"?

You would think the way I'm speaking of him that he's not the sharpest cookie, but no, he sat down today and tried to put a sock on his dad. He builds with blocks, he loves books, and he seems to play really well with toys way too old for him, heck he can already connect the Geotrax tracks. He really seems very bright, just not all that blessed in the coordination department.

Right now I see a nice klutzy jock (or maybe just friend of jocks due to injuries) who loves to throw parties and make every one laugh, if I could get the beer bong out of the image it wouldn't be so bad! I know God has a plan for this one too, maybe rather than imagining him as a college freshman I should stop and just enjoy my new little toddler. (and maybe invest in a few more ice packs!)

1 comment:

Oswald said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.