This comes at the request of my husband who tonight asked, "Are you ever going to go back to regular blogging?" Seems his lunch time blog fest has been slow lately. He says other than Nicole's pretty regular updates, the rest of us are failing him. So tonight, I decided it's time to get back into the swing of it. It's time again to praise, he reminded me of that with this evening conversation....
let me preface this a bit by telling you that we both had a rough day and after sending Lily to her room again, he walked into the living room with me and began....
Mike ~
"I'm thankful I have a boss who is willing to loan me a truck to drive home.
I'm thankful I have a job I need to drive back and forth to.
I'm thankful when my brakes went out I was close to a place that could fix it at as fair a price as anywhere.
I'm thankful I have the ability to work 20 hours of overtime to pay that fair price.
I'm thankful this is a three pay check month.
I'm thankful I have a family to come home to."
I responded with a smile and said,
I'm thankful I have children with minds and voices that can express their true thoughts.
I'm thankful that I have a washing machine that works to do 10 loads of laundry.
I'm thankful that I have towels to clean up pee pee on the floor.
I'm thankful for my dog who cleans up crushed pretzels.
I'm thankful for a baby healthy enough to make enough poop to fill his diaper and his entire outfit.
I'm thankful to not have one of those annoying husband's who comes home and complains that the house is not clean and wants to know where his dinner is."
Mike responded with "Where is my dinner, dammit?"
We both laughed, I am thankful for laughter, and the ability to see any situation from a different perspective and I'm thankful to have a husband who is right there with me.
And just for Mike, to make it more normal, here are my American Idol favs....
This one reminded me of my mom. (she has a little thing for Tapestry)
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Marci-
It's so good to have you home! Love the post- it's great to have friends who can see positive in EVERYTHING!!!!
lisa
Post a Comment