Saturday, April 12, 2008

Praises...

Sleeping in! The boys were up at some insane hour, I don't know what it might have been but I woke up with Dax sitting behind me brushing my hair. Strange sensation to wake up to a two year old brushing your hair, actually, slightly startling. The pulling must have been what woke me up, or the smack to the back of the head with the beginning of each stroke, took me a while to realize I wasn't dreaming!

Ok, let me clarify that...going back to sleep, then sleeping in. Mike got up with the boys sometime around 7:30 and let me linger till 9:30 when all three boys climbed back in bed for snuggle time with Mom.

Snuggle time with my guys, gotta love that! Lily even stumbled in for a brief moment!

Kids who keep the "we sneaked into mom's paint and made a big mess" mess in the unfinished basement.

A new washer and dryer that wash and dry in half the time as the old one and tell me when they'll be done. Sometimes I just stand there in front of them watching, mesmerized!

Getting lots of laundry done! I really just keep going till it's all finished, props to the new appliances! How come a brand new bottle of toilet bowl cleaner doesn't make me just want to go crazy in the bowl?

A day with no phone calls...I just realized no one called today, it was family only.

Getting ready to teach the confirmation class for my favorite 7th graders tomorrow. We've been gone for a while and it's good to think about getting back into the swing of things. Addition to this praise, a husband willing to read the material and probably actually do tomorrow's teaching. (slowly getting back into the swing of things!)

Blog hopping. This is a pastime I haven't delved too far into and I probably won't. I have been quite amused tonight though! I started linking out of Nicole's blog and found myself on a yellow brick road of bloggy goodness. I must say I had some good laughs!

A clean bedroom! New bedding, new pillows, clean closet, and rearranged furniture! This does a heart good. Thanks to my parents for the bedding. I hope my Mom sleeps well in her old room with her new bedding for the first time tonight too. (I'll be sending my love and prayers your way!)

I'm posting pictures of my bedroom, because, well I want to remember what it looks like tonight. It is a teeny tiny room and although we can't paint until we move out it at least feels like a grown up bedroom for a few minutes, until the first of the munchkins sneaks in.

I realized while trying to take a good picture that my bedroom is really too small, so I had to do a few to give you the full effect, I'm sure you're just enthralled by this, aren't you? (Note the high style of the child resistant door knob cover. I wonder why they don't show those in the interior design mags?)
Since my goal as of late is to become transparent (although I struggle most not with the personal me, but my house and it's keeping!) I must divulge the following. I would not want you to think that just because my bedroom has been scrubed from light fixture to baseboard that the same applies to the rest of the house. Here is a lovely photo of my family room, notice the toys shoved under the TV cabinet? I didn't notice those till I was looking at the picture! Maybe tomorrow....




2 comments:

Amy said...

Love the new bedding. Also love the pics of the boys - the underwear photos have me thinking fraternity for some reason......... Amy and the gang

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

Love the room re-do!