Well, hmmm...
I was going to blog with many beautiful scenes from my day and all the praises that went with them, but my camera and computer don't seem to be cooperating.
I have these grand intentions of writing something brilliant to explain all that has been rattling around in my mind the last couple of weeks. I want to share with you how God has been pushing me with sign after sign to find my God given passion and surrender it and everything else to him. I want to tell you all the amazing pieces of this puzzle that have been falling around me.
Maybe I'm waiting because I don't know the answers and I don't want to tell you an unfinished story. Maybe I'm worried I won't ever know the answers no matter how many Godincedences and signs he sends. Maybe it's writers block. Seems as I blog hop there is lots of that going around. Maybe it's that I was ready to write it, ready to go and then two very close friends, one here, one back home lost their Dads in the past 10 days. Maybe them losing their dads in a way has made me stumble. Maybe it's easier for me to feel their pain than my own. Maybe I just don't have all the pieces of this puzzle yet and it's not time, even though I think it would be much more relevant now, or two weeks ago, than it will be in two weeks, but then, what do I know? Maybe in two weeks I'll feel different, know more. (did you just feel like I let you in my mind? You probably need a drink. Sorry about that!)
For now I'm going to go back to where I started, what I should have been doing for the last few weeks...
Praises...
Sunshine & warm weather
Health!
Excitement that baths and roller skates can bring little people. (Not roller skates in the bath)
People in stores understanding that the belt really isn't killing him as Dax screams "help, let me out, this is Huuuurrrttttiiiinnnnnngggg me!!" as we walked through Michael's today. I did get a few knowing winks.
having done the mom thing long enough to know that the knowing winks are just that, not judgement on your parenting skills..
Cashiers who do not make me produce my driver's license when I have a screaming toddler.
Others who get a good laugh overhearing my calm conversation with a screaming Dax that went something like this.
Dax "I need out!! I don't want to be buckled!!!"
Me "I only have two hands and two little guys, I have to have you buckled so you're safe."
Dax "I WANT TO LOOK AT CANDY!!"
Me "only good listeners who are calm and quiet in stores get to look at candy"
Dax"I AM A GOOD LISTENER! I'm being a good listener, mommy"
Me "well, that's a good start, but I don't think you're being very calm or quiet."
Dax "I AM BEEEEEINNNNNGGGGG QQQQUUUIEEETTTTT!!!!!!!!"
Me "Wow, I bet if we took a poll of all the other shoppers they might disagree with that statement."
Laughter,I heard laughter coming from the aisles around me. Hey, at least I wasn't unnerved, sarcasm is a Dr. Spock approved parenting technique, right?
Finn sat pleasantly in the back seat babbling and pointing at all the fun things to see.
Haircuts! Four months is entirely too long to go between!
Babysitters who refuse to take money. I'm running a tab....
Memories. The way a moment in time can bring back many moments in time. Finding myself standing in Our Little Savage's old garage with he door flung open into their old house, almost hearing the laughter that I remember.
Coming home to a message from Amy...kinda spooky!!
Long late night chats with old friends.
Three sleeping children.
Still being able to see that praising will always make life better!
Going to bed with a smile on my face with a husband that is sleeping peacefully!
Oh, how could I forget, American Idol! It wasn't all that exciting tonight, it's down to 4. I know who should win, we'll see what happens. Here was my favorite from tonight...
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You do a great job of explaining your mind even if it doesn't seem ready.
Your adventure through parenting is amazing!
And once again I look through your blog and feel warm.
Hey, the tech problems happen to us all. I like the words just fine themselves.
Love you and thinking of you.
Post a Comment