Opening my eyes this morning to the soft pitter patter and babbling of two small blond boys toddling into my bedroom. The taller of the two (who has just learned to open the pantry cabinet) was carrying a box of "Magot roni and cheese" and the smaller one with the mad scientist hair(whose daddy had let him out of his crib) was carrying one potato. They presented their gifts to me and shared their breakfast plans. The Tall one read me the box pointing at each letter with his little pointer finger"Maaa got Roooo neee an cheeeeezzz" and then he demonstrated how he could play the box like a guitar. The little one piped in with an ear piercing electric squeal as he pointed with great desire toward the blue box. A trade was made. The little crazy haired, diapered boy began to shake the box like crazy. The one with the soft blue eyes scrunched up his little face as he tried to turn the potato into a musical instrument. "Mom! I can't play a Potato!" He said as if I was crazy, or he just had an epiphany, realizing that no musical harmonies would spring forth from the little round spud.
So, the tall one tiptoed back to the pantry and reappeared with two plastic cups and a box of Life cereal. The blue box and the non musical veggie laid sadly, disregarded on my bedroom floor as they munched and crunched. I know there will be limited mornings like this one. If only I'd had my camera, maybe I should start sleeping with it!
Monday, June 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a sweet moment! Gotta love their creative nature.
So sweet!
hehehehehe...something to look forward to.
Oh, this is funny! I love how creative their little minds are, how convinced they are that they can make anything work. Even getting music out of a little non-musical spud. :)
Post a Comment