Praises...
The first week of summer is coming to an end and we are all still here!
Mom made her solo drive to Canada safely.
My children have had moments of kindness mixed in with their moments of not so kindness.
I have been ale to take showers in the morning after Mike has left for work thanks to the watchful eye of my darling 10 year old! And better yet, she hasn't complained yet! (about the showers at least!)
We have now been to the library 3 times since summer started and my children have managed to do it without running or yelling! Today my darling Dax sat beside his sister on the floor for 50 minutes during a singing performance. They were in my sight, but way out of my reach and loud scream whisper distance. 50 minutes people! In one seat, paying attention. And did I mention it was HOT in there! I think my baby is growing up!
Finn stayed with me during said performance and flirted with middle aged women and young girls. He danced his little heart out and clapped his hands.
A night out with the girls this week to a real restaurant and a real movie, even in the middle of panic attacks and storms
A husband who will not balk when I ditch him with three kids with storm warnings and major freak outs. He's a pretty good guy most of the time!
Dax's dream of a playhouse has been fulfilled. Funny how this boy had requirements, must have roof, must have door, should have shutters.. Good thing a friend happened to have one sitting in her back yard, that had been there so long her guys had outgrown it. Maybe this will put an end to my endless Craigslist and Ebay browsing. Well, maybe not, cause this one it little so next year.... Oh who am I kidding, I just need an obsession I can use the computer for at any given time! So the praise, in case you got lost, is Dax is satisfied and I am thankful for friends who fulfill his desires!
Finding all sorts of picture goodies online! Maybe I'll actually print some pictures soon!
Warm weather with that Illinois wind. Gotta love those days when you have to hold your baby down so he doesn't blow away!
No rain! Playing outside in the warm setting sun!
My brothers and the women in their lives. I feel like it's been too long since I spent any time with any of them I hope they are out there smiling! I feel blessed to have all of them in my world!
Cutest moment of the day...
I am standing in the library, people all around me, holding Finn. He leans over my shoulder, smiles that big flirty smile, points, grunts, then starts waving. I turn to see what has him all googlieyed, should have known it was a 3 or 4 month old baby girl. That boy will flirt his little cheeks off! Somehow he knows a girl from 50 feet!
Most Disgusting Moment of the day...
Dax and Finn are sitting on the kitchen floor next to each other looking very intently in the corner. I hear Dax say "look, Finny, it's a spider". Then with horror, "No! No! Finny, we don't eat spiders!" Needless to say I hopped up at that point and removed the spider from his mouth. My only question was whether it was dead when it went in..ick!!
No comments:
Post a Comment