Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Dax Goes To School!

Here he is in front of "the tree" finally he gets to pose in the first day of school spot! He needed to model the back pack...And well, since it took him three whole years of waiting to get the privilege of standing in the first day of school picture spot, Dax felt adequate picture taking time should be taken and he should maybe take some time to sport the shades...Dax is my middle child, I thought no emotions would well up as I drove out of that parking lot! But, alas, I was wrong! He ran into the gate with excitement oozing out of him and there was not even more than a half hearted wave back towards the mama as he was greeted by his buddy Max. No hugs, No kisses. Sniff Sniff

So what did Finn and I do for the two and half hours after I pulled myself together? Good question! I wasn't sure. With an age difference of 22 months between the boys, Finn has not really seen a lot of alone with mom time. We decided on the library ( you know, at 17 months he played an active part in this decision). I took my little puzzle virtuoso and spent 30 minutes doing about a dozen puzzles. He's got skills this boy!

We then moved on to bigger things...
And well, if all else fails, use your teeth! That seems to be Finn's life motto at the moment!

We picked up Dax and met up with his best buddy Max, his sister Maggie, and their Mama, Traci for a first day of school celebration lunch and ice cream fiesta at an outdoor place. It was only 150 ish degrees, but with the breeze and the ice cream it was enjoyable! Finn really got pleasure out of his cone. (yes, there is a cone under there somewhere!)
Here is the whole clan. If you look close you can even see Miss Traci's funny faced reflection in this one! I love how Finn is looking at her like she's a little nuts!

Our guys found some really cool digger doing something really cool! They decided they needed to get a better view so both of them laid down on the side walk to watch. Wonder what passers by on Main Street thought of these two checking out the action?

All I have to say is Mamas of little girls in the 2-4 age range you better watch out! These beautiful little boys might just be knocking on your door some day!

And if the team of Max & Dax can't get them on pure good looks alone, then they will win them over with their incredible sense of humor! Dax said his first day of school was "Really Really Good!!!" And for that I am grateful!!!

4 comments:

The Sullivan Sitcom said...

OMG - Why didn't you tell me that I looked like a complete nerd. Oh well, it was all for the good of a picture! I'm sure the DQ girls thought I was somethin'!

I LOVE the picture of the boys! That is a "must-frame" pic for Max's room! You'll have to email that one to me! Thanks again for the lunch invite, we'll have to make it a tradition!

Amy said...

Wow - first day of preschool. It doesn't seem that long ago does it? I love the new blog colors. Amy and the gang

donna said...

That one picture of just Max and Dax with their smiles is so cute. They look like little hotties.

Love,
Hayley

Colored With Memories said...

i forget that you and traci are friends...and i was like...geez that max boy looks familiar...oh and he has a cast like...oh that must be traci sullivan she mentioned...

you could have heard the wheels turning!

love his backpack...i would have gone that route too if we didn't have to use the school provided ones and decorate them ourselves...although apparently some mommies got them done professionally!