I think I'm the last person in my town with a blog to post pictures from our weekend festival. Believe me, I have them! I will play catch up tomorrow.
For tonight I just want to send out a prayer request for all those affected by Ike. I was a bit bent out of shape because we have a good 1/2" (or more) of water covering our basement floor, plus at least that much in our "dry storage" area. We have a leak in our living room ceiling as well. You can hear it running like a nice little babbling brook in the basement. So I was a tad grumpy because I live in the midwest, not anywhere near a coast!
My wonderful Mama and Sister in law were here for the weekend. They returned home to Ohio this afternoon, just missing a killer Ike spin off, this is Ohio people! They had 3 to 4 hours of 55-70 mile an hour winds. Several people in Southwest Ohio and Kentucky were killed this afternoon due to falling trees. My mom said their town looks like a war zone. My sister in law's car was sitting in mom's driveway while they were out of town. It was covered in tree when they got home. The windshield is crushed and things are bent, totally not drivable. There are a million people without power in Ohio and Kentucky. Kentucky has been declared a in state of emergency. Mom is not expecting power for at least three days. Some reports I read said it could be a week. There are no working gas stations and no open restaurants or grocery stores at the moment. Hopefully these things will be open soon.
My little brother in special services has been on standby to go to Texas, but is now on standby to go to Chicago. The flooding in Illinois is pretty heavy.
So, I now feel really bad for whining about my little basement stream. I know there are a lot of Texas bloggers out there who haven't posted for a while and my prayers are with them and their families too!
My praise for today is very simple, we are all safe and sound. The chaos here kept Mom and Carly from leaving for a bit, keeping them from driving in the windstorm in Ohio. This is such a blessing! I'm also grateful for my power being on, because the thought of entertaining three kids with no power for several days does not sound fun! So all of you out there who can't read this, I hope you can feel the prayers headed your way! Love you!
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so amazed at the wide-spread effecs of Ike. I had no idea it was going to travel so far and bring such devastation with it. Even though you guys are safe and sound, I know it is still a bummer to have standing water in your house.
I am also astonished at how far Ike went north. The effects here aren't bad at all but down where your mum and Ry and Carly are there's peeps without power right now.
I am sending out all the good vibes to the folks hit by this. I loathe hurricane season!
Ike is mean and CRAZY...I'm in Texas and felt no effects.
Post a Comment