Thursday, October 23, 2008

Praises...

Because after the last post, I obviously need to do some!

People who read my blog. There may not be many of them, but they are quite a bunch! I am so blessed to have had some great feedback after that last post and even a couple of great hugs.

Ahhahh moments. Last night while standing in the middle of a gaggle of teenage girls all talking a mile a minute I realized that my spirit was smiling. I loved standing right where I was and as I glanced over and saw friends working in the kitchen the thought occurred to me that some of them would rather eat paint than stand in the middle of all this hormone induced giggling and drama. Thank God for spreading the love!
Those teenagers. They are good people and I love them! (even the ones that skipped out last night and the ones who refuse to sing!)

Bible Study. That Beth Moore, she's a pretty interesting lady. And that God, he's a totally interesting Guy. I'm loving learning and I'm loving the people in that room with me even more.

My kids. I am grateful that Finn's driveway sprints have not gotten him hurt. I'm thankful we live on a street without many cars coming down it and that that guy is in God's hands. (hey God, if you're listening which I know you are could you maybe think about sending us a house with a fenced in yard?)

Lily coming home from school sopping wet but with a smile on her face.

Dax...he got his school pictures today and pointed out his favorite girls first. He had a great morning before school and came out smiling. I love days like that!

Friendship, what an incredible blessing.

Praises left from this weekend...

We made it through, Praise the Lord!!

Lily burned her hand on Friday as I was trying to vacuum for my in laws arrival. She was replugging the vacuum for me and it popped and sparked causing a good burn on her hand. We are grateful for the doctors at prompt care because they took good care of her. I'm also thankful that with the number of times we've visited in the last months they haven't called DCFS! The girl at the desk actually laughed as we checked out and asked if we just wanted to rent a room...
The costumes got finished! I wish I had some great pictures but really, I don't. As much as Dax wanted to be that butterfly, he decided he didn't like the hat or the wings and was a total grump. Finn however loved his costume and won one of the cutest costume awards at our Pumpkin Patch party. Dax found our associate pastor's little girl and finally started to smile! They all came home with three freezer size Ziploc bags worth of candy and 6 plates of cakes/cupcakes from the cake walk. Eating healthy here!

My in laws made it here and home safely. They did not run screaming out of the house after 2 hours with Dax who seemed to have saved every ounce of nastiness for the weekend they were here. He worked hard to be that mean and nasty. It seemed in the moments we weren't dealing with Dax the visit went well. They said they enjoyed their time...they could just be trying to make us feel better!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I'm pretty sure they weren't just saying that - I'm positive they had a great time! :)

Such excellent pictures. I haven't checked out your photo blog in awhile - I need to head over there and see if you have anything new.

Monica said...

Looks like fun was had at the pumpkin patch!