Friday, November 14, 2008

Moments...

I took Dax to the church nursery today barefoot in his pajamas. I decided I was not wrestling him into his clothes today. He was horrified when I actually put him in the car like that. I guess he didn't think I'd go through with it. I thought I won. I didn't not. He decided once he was there that being in pajamas was cool. He had lunch with all the the United Methodist Women in his jammies, barefoot. sigh...

*************************************************
Turn on the bath water

close the bathroom door

check on boys playing quietly in back, far from bathroom, without knowledge of running water

run quickly to the basement to find jammies hear boys running above you, clunking about

run back up stairs to Dax standing in the hallway giggling

go to open the bathroom door

realize it is locked

look at Dax

shake head

hear whimpering

realize Finn is in the bathroom, With the water running

panic

find screwdriver

tell Finn to just keep knocking on the bathroom door(so he'd stay by the door)

get half the door knob off, can't get door open

realize hinges are on the inside

start really panicking

beat the heck out of the door while crying

door opens

drop to floor as half wet toddler and damp golden retriever emerge from tiny bathroom

hug toddler

yell loudly at preschooler

cry

hug them both

praise God

throw them in the tub

get on with the night

hope Mike is having a good time with the guys (and honestly, I am not being sarcastic)

*************************************************

Tonight in the car while scanning a large gaggle of tweens searching for Lily after a choir caroling event (who carols in the middle of November??)...

Me ~ ok, guys, watch for Lily.

Dax ~ My Lil?

Me ~ Yes, your Lily.

Dax ~ We don't want anyone else's Lil, just mine.

*************************************************

Finding out after four years of living here that crazy people in this town light a tree and carol in the middle of November. Only now know because Lily sang. Wishing Finn was healthier so we could have gone out and enjoyed it...feeling guilty that my oldest sometimes gets neglected. Once upon a time, I would have been a group mom...

*************************************************

Standing in the boys room between their beds as they fell to sleep. Finn stood at the side of his crib, me with my arm wrapped around him, rubbing his hair until his little eyes closed and he dropped to his pillow. Standing over them while this song played on their cd player




And once again, all of those mommy moments of today the good, the bad, and the ugly, I laid them down at His feet. And gave praise that everyday starts new and I, I have been richly blessed.

And now I am going to watch a movie with just my girl...

***update***

it was not a movie, it was Taylor Swift's making of her video, then Lily fell asleep.

This is why it is so easy to be so grateful at the end of the day...





...and for the record, I really am glad that Mike is out with the guys, he needed that. He's been pretty great over the last weeks with all the sickies and crazies in our house. I wouldn't want to be walking through any of this without him. I do however wish he'd come home soon because the garbage smells like something might have died in there and I'm not opening the lid again till he gets here...

2 comments:

Colored With Memories said...

all in one day?

i laughed and nearly cried with you.

i wonder if we'll ever get rid of the mommy guilt. i only have two, but i often feel guilty about the attention that my lily loses to the baby.

*sigh*

Jackie said...

Oh, honey, I was freaking out reading the whole locked bathroom incident. I nearly passed out the time that Savannah locked herself in a bedroom - I can only imagine how scary it was in a bathroom with the water running!

Hope your hubs gets home soon to take that trash out for you. :)