I'm documenting this here, rather than seek out a baby book.
Finn has been bringing me the same book all day. It's a book with a fish that you have to find on every page. He's been able to find the fish on each page for quite sometime and since the only words are "Where's the fish? There's the fish!" I have grown quite annoyed with this book. today though, he keeps bringing it to me and when I try to read it he just flips the pages back to the beginning and yells.
After about the 25th time, I realized he wanted me to stay on the first page. Not the real first page, but the very first thing you open to which in this case is an olive green blank spread with the word "DISCARDED" stamped on it(yeah, it was a library cast off). Wow, this page is even more exciting than the fish! He then pointed at the last "D" in the word and looked at me. I said "D", he then pointed out the other two and smiled.
Patterns I say. This boy sees the world in patterns. He just kept touching each "D" with his finger and giggling. Then he went back and wanted me to identify the other letters, then he wanted to count them. This guy, he's something! I think I've been underestimating him!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh, this one is going to keep you on your toes for sure. Smart little guy!
Let him know D is for Dax too and Daddy etc. Your kids are all brillant!
Pretty smart guy.
Of course he's brilliant =)
I just read your comment on my blog and it brought me to tears. Thank you for the encouragment and for letting me know that I'm not alone in feeling the way I do. It really means a lot.
And your story about the letter D is awesome. What a little smarty!
Post a Comment