Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Praises for a very healthy little boy and the things I've missed...

So, it's been a week since I've posted anything. I wish I could say I've accomplished amazing tasks in that time. I guess I have done few things, just maybe not amazing)...my house got straightened (notice I did not say "clean"? I've given up on clean or else my expectations of what clean is are too high). I started a group on Face book...that was a heck of a lot easier than I thought! I've been teaching myself how to use photoshop elements to make cards. I would not say I'm a pro, or even a good amateur, but I'm getting faster! Had a fun family night that involved cleaning under the furniture, watching a movie, and falling alseep on the floor (i love these peeps!)...

I've been on a grown up date to see Fireproof, finally!(Thanks to Cori) I have done some laundry, I have done a lot of my big Christmas shopping. I have made a little $$ on craigslist & ebay selling off some toys the boys have outgrown. I even met a very nice lady from a neighboring town who came to buy toys that I really liked. I'm thinking about emailing her just to say hello, would that be weird or what? I had both boys and my own hair cut, which would not have been possible without one of my favorite 8th graders tagging along for backup! Ive read a few blog posts. Ive prayed for random people who's comments touched me over at a really cool post on MckMama's blog. I have prayed. I have played. I have spent way too much time on the computer but have been in blog world very little. I have spent almost 0 time on the phone with anyone but my mom (and Traci, because she has been there to rescue me with Dax this week! Thank you Traci!) so I hope my friends think I still like them, cause I really do. I have taken quite a few pictures. and I have spent a lot of time praying for one little guy...


Which nicely segues into the next part of this...

If you know me currently in the real world you know that Finn has had 3 bouts of pneumonia/bronchilotis in the past 6 weeks. One of his doctors ordered some tests to see if we could find some explanation. He ordered tests for all sorts of immunoglobin deficiencies and a sweat chloride test for Cystic Fibrosis, as well as a few other labs. After a frustrating day yesterday, we finally had all the labs done this morning. Let me tell you, this guy, he's a trooper!






Results on everything were back at 3 this afternoon! Crazy, isn't it? I thought for sure it would be after Thanksgiving when we got the news. Drum roll...

All but one test were perfectly normal! Although, I'm not sure this guy is normal...






I was one very Thankful mommy today! This is the second time a doctor has been concerned that one of our children had a life shortening disease. when Lily was 2 she was sent to Children's with her doctor very fearful of a pancreatic mass. It turned out to be just poop! Her doc cried and laughed when she shared this with us. She had only seen this one other time in her practice and that family was not so lucky. I feel so richly blessed and at the same time it breaks my heart to think about those families whose phone calls are not so positive. Those families who leave crying tears of fear rather than of joy. It causes me to not only praise the gift of my children but to pray through tears for all those other moms.

The test that was a bit abnormal the doctor told me, is usually an indicator of a child with allergies...imagine that, allergies. Wow, I think that is one we can probably handle! She also said that she found it very interesting that all these lung problems started after we had major water damage in our house early in September, that mold could be triggering these things. I had asked this of another doctor earlier and he assured me that it couldn't cause pneumonia.

When we moved to Illinois we found this cute little house in this nice, quite neighborhood, close to a good school and we jumped on the chance to rent it. We didn't know if we'd like the area, we couldn't afford to buy at that point, we didn't know if wed be staying or heading back to Ohio. Now, four years later, we are still here. This is how it works with us. We were still in our 3 year house after 10 years in Ohio. Mike is not a huge fan of change, nor is Lily. I am not good at pushing them into it. So, this has turned into a very long prayer request! We need a house to almost literally just fall out of the heavens. Now I know this isn't completely impossible, cause That Guy can do anything, but I haven't recently seen any falling houses. We need it to be that clear and that perfect. So if you have a sec and you wouldn't mind, how bout tossing out one of those little prayers for a new house for Finny. Well, Finny and the rest of us!





I was going to share all the things that Finn can do now, because I need to write it down somewhere, but it will have to come later. Probably tomorrow when I should be packing to go to my in laws for Thanksgiving! I might even share with you my children's new super hero personas, aren't you just chomping at the bit? I bet you just can't wait!!

Tune in later, after I've had a few hours of sleep! im sorry this is so long, rambling, and filled with gramatical errors, but it's late...very, very late!


2 comments:

lynda said...

I am so glad Finn is healthy except allergies. i have been making the house prayer for you since the storms. Will keep you in my prayers. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am taking your mom to the airport today and looking forward to seeing her. Love to all of you.
A.Lynda

Jackie said...

OH I am so happy to hear this...definitely worth giving a praise for! I am sure you are so relieved and now you can enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend without this in the back of your mind.

You've been busy...sometimes it's nice to step back from blogland and focus on some other things for a bit...that's what I plan on doing during this coming week!