Sunday, January 18, 2009

Post 201

I know some people do big things when they hit 100 or another big number post. As I clicked "new post" I saw that this is number 201. I'm just gonna say thank you God for giving me the words to post 200 times and thank you all for listening!

My big praise for this day, for this week, is simple. My mom. God blessed me beyond belief by weaving me within her. At the drop of a hat she was by my side. She has been here for 10 days. She has done laundry, dishes, cooked, played, read, snuggled, sorted, folded, served, vacuumed, dusted, rearranged furniture, taken my kids to church, dealt with tantrums, break downs, and all out fits. She has stepped into my roll and I think, to be honest she might just have one upped me on the cleaning and laundry part. She just knows what to do. I never have to ask her to do something because she's already there. It's like she reads my mind. She loves my kids like I love my kids. She disciplines my kids like I discipline my kids...I never worry that I'm going to have to reprogram them after she leaves. Granted there will be rituals of our house that will go back to normal eventually, but over all she is such a blessing that if I could just hire her to move in I could be a real slacker...like I have been for the last 10 days (ok, it's been slightly legitimate. No matter what, I will miss her and am so grateful that she has been here for so long!

I am also grateful to my brother, Ryan and sister in law, Carly for making the long drive this weekend to not only retrieve my mom but to spend time playing with my kids. The little people are greatly enjoying them. Ry and Carly need some little people of their own. This is one prayer I have been praying for them for a long time!

I do have a prayer request for you...Finn isn't feeling well. He is breathing fine, but seems to have an owwwie tummy. He's having trouble sleeping and just hasn't been his happy self today. I also am currently running a fever. I'm having trouble regulating body temperature, trouble sleeping, am exhausted all the time, and am having some headaches. I'm not sure if losing one ovary can totally whack out your hormones, a lot of it has to do with all the blood i lost, or if I've picked something up, but either way, will you keep us in your prayers? I really want my mom to be able to go home not worrying about us. I want her to be able to leave tomorrow knowing we are ok. Mike's mom will be coming on Tuesday for a few days which will really help with the kids and Will really help Mike feel good about leaving us all to go to work. Just pray with me that we will all heal and be healthy for a while. I'd love to get back to life as usual and maybe get out there and look for a house soon!

ps...I sure hope all of my big girls had an amazing time on their girl's retreat this weekend! You have all been in my thoughts and prayers all weekend long! Love you!!

pss...Hayley I'll be tracking you down! Mike's mom will be here Tuesday afternoon, so I would love for you to come hang with us in the morning if you're up for it!

3 comments:

lynda said...

I am so hoping things will get back to normal for all of you. And yes, your mom wears a crown in my book too. I know that if I ever need anything I would just have to ask and she would be there for me.You are all in my prayers every night. Kisses and hugs .
Aunt Lynda

donna said...

I'm really sorry that I couldn't come but I had an orthodontist appointment and a surprise spirit squad morning practice. I'm on right now because I have like thirty minutes to have some free time because I have two hours to eat lunch, get ready for my practice, get ready for my game, and have everything ready for dance. (which are all three in a row starting at 3 and ending at 9:30)I miss you guys so much.
Love, Hayley
P.S. I had a lot of fun at the retreat.

Anonymous said...

I always read but don't always get to comment and didn't get here regularly until recently, but gotta say, you have the most positive out look.

And hilarious. When in your praises not freezing was listed I had to laugh. i am grateful for not having a Marci and Mike popcicle too!

Will keep Finn on the brain but have had you there too. I hope you are feeling better. Your mom is awesome and I am so glad that she is your mom. I see how much love you guys have and it is wonderful.

201! That's great! I have never counted my posts, but I think I would be embarrassed at the number. And to think that I was angry at Amy for setting up a blog for me over three years ago. Now I have three domains of my own, one separate blog, and more pages all over than I remember. Oh, maybe I should still be blaming Amy! ha!

I read above where my mom said thing would be getting back to normal. Look out!

Love you!

B