Friday, February 20, 2009

Praises and Mamma ooze

Praises

Getting everyone up, fed, dressed, and out the door on time (even a few minutes early!) without anything catstrophic happening!

Having a great friend I can call to come chaufer Dax to school and us to church yesterday morning when I got everyone ready early and my van wouldn't start!

Let's just add, my van starting this morning!

The fact that I can make myself a chai tea latte at home, which helps ease the blow that the local drive through coffee place that provided me with my bi weekly one and only self splurge is now out of business!! I must say, this totally bummed me out this morning!

Getting to spend an hour in Lily's classroom doing Picture Person (parent led art lessons). The discussion of De Vinci was great, the art project so so, but I don't think they could tell that I hadn't decided on the project until midnight last night. Was nice to spend that time in her room, it's been too long!

Feeling good enough this week to be able to get showered and my boys organized and out of the house by 9 am the last two mornings. Lets just say, this hasn't been accomplished for a good 6 weeks.

Feeling better, doing more, starting to feel more "normal" again.

A daughter who used her library time and check out privileges to find books that her little brothers would like.

Finding all of the keys that a certain little person popped off my keyboard. Now if I could only get the last 3 to reattach!

A very interesting Bible study. It's getting deep in there.

Being able to pray for those that I love. I hate watching people hurt. I hate reading through caring bridge sites of little children who I will never meet and feeling their pain. I am so grateful for the words and the faith that let me speak their names and pray for their healing, peace, and comfort. I am grateful for the God that I know is standing beside them.

Fun family Friday nights filled with music, movies, dancing in the kitchen, Mexican take out, giggling, snuggling, and love. I can't imaging a better way to spend an evening.

3 beautiful healthy children filled with life, love, and laughter!

and the words that come out of their mouths...

*warning the following contains gratuitous mommy blogging, it's my blog, I can do what I want, besides, it may be the only place this stuff gets recorded!*

Last night Dax grabbed Mike and said "I love you daddy!" Finn jumped right up and wrapped his arms around Mike too and said "love you". First time he's ever said those words. Those are my favorite first words!


Finn started to finally put two words together, "there's Lily" "don't know" "where Dax?" "Dayee (daddy) work". He's also all of the sudden picking up adjectives. Tonight he brought me a stack of legos and handed them to me one at a time saying "ewooow (yellow)" and "gween". He picked up a big blanket and said "heavy". He is impressing me with his knowledge of colors and the fact that I now understand some of the words he's saying when he puts shapes in his shape sorter and they are blowing me away, "oval", "star", "circle", "scare", "ryangle", simmi circle". He's my latest to talk. He has had words for a bit, mixed in with a lot of signs, but it's good to hear the words really starting to flow. His favorite words all sound similar, "birry" (birdy), "booey" (booty as in shake yours), "booogy" (boogie, as in "let's boogie" when he is ready to leave). I know soon I'll wish he'd give it a rest!

After the little love fest last night Lily asked Finn if he loved her. He promptly said "no" and ran off giggling. Dax barrelled Lily over with a huge hug and an "But I love you, Lil!"

I am so grateful whatever crazy monster had taken control of my three year old seems to be leaving! His words and actions over the past week or two have been such a huge improvement. Maybe it's life getting back to normal, maybe it's his heading towards four, but what ever it is, I am truly grateful! I love these kind words and actions!

Most amazing moment on a school pick up - Dax got a hand stamp for being the best cleaner upper in the class on Thursday. Now let me tell you, if there is one thing this boy hates, it's transitions and clean up time is a killer. Silly how proud was of a hand stamp!

Speaking of Dax, he spilled out some of my favorite words of the week today...

Tonight the boys had finished eating but the rest of us weren't quite finished. Finn kept bringing a book and asking us to read. We kept telling him that we could not read while we were eating. Dax climbed up on the couch and said "come here Finny, I'll read it to you".

This morning I was walking toward the door, telling Finn that Mommy and Dax were leaving church, he was running the opposite way pouting because he didn't want to go. Dax stopped and said, "but Finn is part of our family". He then ran back to the gym took Finn by the hand and said "Finny you are part of our family and we are gonna keep you forever!". Talk about melting a mamma's heart!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Awwww....so sweet. Love the hand stamp comment too! Makes me chuckle.