I have many friends who have siblings very close in age and many of them did everything they could to have a close gap between their kids. I wanted 2 years between all of my kids. I didn't want them to be spaced so far apart like my brothers and I. Now as a parent, I totally see the perks! Every time my mom sent someone to kindergarten, she got a baby. We each felt like only children for bits of time. We were great helpers by the time the next one came along. Mom, like me, loves babies and all their stuff. This way she got to spread her baby time over about 14 years. I though, can also see why people who have siblings that close would want to replicate that. Watching my boys learn and play together, the way they love each other, it's amazing. I love my brothers, I even enjoy spending time with them, late night games & movies are some of my favorite things in the world, but I do think in some ways we missed out on silly secrets and sharing friends. I love watching my guys together. At the end of the day though, whoa...22 months creates a far bigger disaster than 7 years!
Speaking of 22 months and disasters, Finn is now 22 months. He is the exact age Dax was when he came home from the hospital. He has been the most social, snugly, sweet little guy. There have not been many signs of him following down the road of destruction his brother paved, well, unless directly provoked. That was, until he reached 22 months. I'd have to say, what no one warned me about having kids this close together is that as soon as one of them reaches the end of the "can't trust you alone in a room" stage or the "bull in china shop could tear down the house in a moment's notice" stage the other one is ready and waiting. Just giggling in the corner waiting for you to totally buy into their sweet as sugar act long enough that they can do this to your house...
I feel like I should mention, in my defense, that the one thing I really am not back up to yet is bending up and down over and over...this being the reason all of these things remained on the floor all day.
As for those three lovely, well meaning people who purchased the very educational, very fun card games in tins for my children for Christmas, I still love you, but I have learned to truly loathe those cards!
You might think that this guy might have been the mastermind behind all of it...
but no, he was either at school or snuggled up on the couch for rest time.
It was all this guy, yeah, I know, so sweet and innocent...
Can you see that second birthday looming in the near future? I can feel it! I think this ride is about to get even more exciting!
On a totally different note...
My good friend Kim's husband, Shaun is headed in for a below the knee amputation tomorrow. Their family needs good thoughts. If you know them and want to do something, Kim has suggested sending Shaun a fun card (doesn't have to be a get well card), something to make him laugh over the next few weeks. She said she would love it if people would put a penny or two in the card since the first thing he does when he gets one is shakes it for money. She said what they need most is prayers for a positive outlook and some good laughter! If you don't know them, but think sending some random guy a goofy card with pennies in it sounds like fun, leave me a comment, I'll send you their address!
If you thought you might be making it through this season without my commentary on American Idol, you are sadly mistaken. Please please, someone get rid of Tatiana! For those of you not from Ohio, Brent Keith is from a town neighboring my hometown and we actually were in high school at the same time and have a lot of cross over friends. His wife is a friend of my sister in laws. He was on Nashville Star several seasons ago and finished #6. We'll see how his run on American Idol goes! He's a good guy, and I'm totally voting for him just for that, well, and he can, in fact, sing.
If you haven't been watching yet this season or you've been in a cave and haven't seen or heard this guy...
I think you'll be hearing of him soon! He is totally my favorite so far.
2 comments:
Danny is my favorite too...I don't know if it's his story, all the cute glasses, his super cutie face, or how he can totally sing, but I heart him!
As for Finn...and the pictures, I would totally be having a fit...I would probably be scooting around on my behind picking up after him. Cause you know, I am so like that.
Looking at that sweet, devilish smile makes me just laugh...He's going to be so good. He is totally going to know how to get to you guys. Beware!
Okay, I know I'm a guilty party for the fun cards! You need a gripper! We are old and bending is painful to us too! I now have 3 grippers. The grands love to pick up with them and it makes life easier when they are gone! Oh, Marci I know exactly about the in one stage just long enough for another one to get into it! It makes for some fun times in the future! It pays to keep laughing.
And of course I love seeing these pictures of the boys.
I now have DVR and record A.I. Thank goodness and my ears Tatania is gone. I too have been rooting for the native son of Ohio and he made it last night!
I am working on FRUEHTOPIA picnic and welcome ideas from all you next generations!
Love and Hugs to all of you
A. Lynda
Post a Comment