Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Where oh where did my baby boy go?

Praises

An amazing service Sunday at church with a sermon from our Bishop. Let's just say he was not what I was expecting a Methodist Bishop to be. I was incredibly impressed and so thrilled I didn't miss his message!

A fun trip to a local paint your own pottery place with 11 8th graders. We missed our other confirmation 'Mamas' but I think everyone did a great job putting themselves into their work!

Feeling better! Well, this sneezing, sniffling cold thing stinks, but compared to the last 6 weeks, I'll take it! I have actually been vacuuming and tossing boys around! I'm loving heading in the direction of normal!

Speaking of feeling good, I felt so good tonight I turned down a friend bringing a meal. I think I'd feel guilty taking one now, but I did catch some flack for it! Lily overheard me on the phone and lectured me about how could I turn down someone who cooks like Nicole. "Everything she makes is so good, Mom! I can't believe you didn't say yes!" I know, that thought went through my mind too! =)

My friend, Traci, is feeling a bit better. Little Tess made it home for a great week of birthday fun with her family and friends. Kim and Shaun are recovering with humor (and too much time on Facebook!) They all still need prayers as they continue on their journeys, but boy it's nice to hear good things!

New friends on Facebook. Congrats, Leslie, you've been sucked in now! Sarah and Amy, I am waiting for you!

Evening chats with Mom. Even better when the munchkins are actually all asleep and the phone doesn't die!

A Husband who is pretty good at putting little kids to bed, at least most nights!

A three year old that may not nap, but falls to sleep the minute he stops moving!

That same three year old that is loving going to school, his mama, being a big brother, and being a "Mighty Helper".

My husband's humor. He's dictating to me what I should praise about him, but this is a family friendly site, so lets just say I love his humor!

Lily being in a good mood this week. She may not love the blatant laughter and "no" she received when putting in her 50th request, this one in writing, for a cell phone for her 11th birthday, but she seems to not be holding a grudge. I have, however, heard what type of phone every other 5th grader has. She doesn't totally get the whole, "i don't care what everyone else has, I'm not their mama" lecture. Oh how I loved that lecture at her age!! She also does not appreciate my "when you get a cell phone it'll be one of those four button things that let you dial, mom, dad, home, and 911". I'm so totally not a "cool" mom. And the older I get the more I'm totally ok with that! I love her no matter what, and I think she feels the same way. (isn't that what the eye rolling means?)

Dax telling Carrie, our hairdresser, that Finn is part of our family and we couldn't lose him. Finn decided he should go flirt with some of th other girls after his haircut, while Dax was having his done. Dax was very concerned that Finn was out of his site!

Little brothers walking hand in hand down the sidewalk. Oh how I wish I had my camera card in for that, well, that and the haircut!

Finn. Oh his orneriness grows every day, but so does his cuteness, and his vocab. Today we added "copter", "jammies', and "haircut". I think the guy aged a good 6 months to a year with a snip snip of the scissors! I did get the camera out once we got home. I had taken some pictures on Sunday so I had before and after. Dax got his haircut too, but you can't really tell! We offered to cut his like Finn's. He made a funny face and said, "no, you can't shake that!". With this new do it seems this little guy is looking the most like his "daayee".

A blog where I can post a million (or 15) gratuitous pictures of my children if I want to! =) Yes, Dax is painted like a kitten. There was a big litter of little people kittens playing at preschool today! He said only the girls could get their ears to stay on, though! Good thing, would have been hard for Carrie to cut the hair around the kitty ears!






























4 comments:

lynda said...

I love the pictures of your kids and family. That lets me see how they are growing! Happy things are looking up healthwise.
Love and Hugs
A. Lynda

The Sullivan Sitcom said...

Lovin' Finny's haircut! He's a big boy now!

Colored With Memories said...

5th graders have cell phones now?

boy, oh boy....i am SO behind!

always love these posts!

Amy said...

oh wow....I can recall the day that baby was born...we were all waiting for that phone call. Love the haircut ... but he does look bigger.