Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Praises and such...

A fun filled lunch at McDonald's after a fun filled preschool field trip to play and tour the kitchen. We munched with the Sullivan clan and only one of my children got into a fist fight in the climber. Overall, it was good. BTW if Dax tells you the secret pass word to his "rocket ship" is "Please. Broccoli, Please" really, he doesn't mean "punch me and come on in". Seems there are some kids who don't like to have to say a password before entering a public place. I would have been one of these kids, but I would have just decided it wasn't worth my time and have found another place to play. Those boys, sigh...


A beautiful day outside! The boys and I headed to the city after our lunch extravaganza to watch Lily and her choir perform on the courthouse square. They did a great job. Seemed like half our town was out there. I think 75% of the 5th - 8th graders from the town were, and parents for many of them. We really enjoyed just talking about the big buildings and soaking up the sun and flowers. Why do we live less than 15 minutes from the city but never really take the time to enjoy the bigness of it? Seems like it's the mall or the shopping that call us over, never the beauty of the buildings or the hustle and bustle of people watching. An occasional trip the riverfront is grand, but why don't we do it more? Mike will love it when I tell him I want to go downtown and take pictures for Mother's Day, won't he? =)




Yard Sale season is officially kicked off. Here, in this little burb in which I live yard sales can be similar to boutique shopping. The kids and I spent some time at a few choice neighborhood sales. Problem is, I like to think before I spend money. I missed out on a Little Tikes workbench with all the pieces in great shape because I felt the need to run back to the van to consult Lily before buying. When I finally got in line to buy it, the guy 2 in front of me asked if it was sold and handed the his $20. I know this means we did not need it, but I can't help being a little bummed...mostly just cause I lost, pathetic, I know! We did find Dax a matching booster to Finn's. We were planning to buy one anyway but they've only had pink at Walmart lately.

Kids who were remarkably well behaved on this long day of adventure.

Following up with an ice cream cone at DQ. Nothing says summer like a face like this!


Playing outside.

American Idol night. It wasn't my favorite. I think I might have grown a bit soft in my old age. I didn't mind Guns n Roses as a teenager, but now I guess I've moved on. Although I must say, Slash was totally not the guy I expected. He seemed almost normal with lots of hair...hhmmm, maybe old age has mellowed him too! Anyway, this prediction is totally and completely against the judges, but I think it might be Adam who gos home tonight. After all it's the 4th place. This is the shock seat. If I'm wrong, I'll simply delete this part of my post! Would want anyone to think I don't know what I'm talking about! Except that you probably already know that if you've been reading long...oh well.

Watching Fringe with my hubby after all were in bed. I think he slept through the last 20 minutes. Oh well, I'm not telling him what happened! Lost and Fringe have become our grown up late at night shows. Nice to have a couple nights a week to be on the same brain wave that is totally out of our normal box, even if Mike doesn't usually make it through a whole episode.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Oh..Fringe! Maybe I'll start watching that. I was not a Lost watcher until about 2 months ago, when I decided to start watching it online while I worked out on the treadmill. I LOVE it now, but I'm all caught up...and now I need a new show. So maybe Fringe...hmmmm....