
Pajama Mondays. Dax was the only one who managed to stay in his PJs all day. If I was playing "Not Me Monday" I might say something like, "That was absolutely not my son neighbors and passers by saw helping Daddy mow the lawn in very mismatched jammies at 6 o'clock this evening."
Getting re caught up on laundry. I'm still not sure how I managed to have 6 loads accumulate in one weekend!
Watching a movie last night with just my husband.
Fresh Sheets on everyone's beds. This is one of those silly things we take for granted but I love when it happens all in the same day!
One super cute 2 year old who can still fit in the sink for a bath.
Two insane little boys who love each other dearly (when they are not fighting!)
Seeing some real work on a history homework assignment from one 5th grade daughter, who is not a fan of hard work when it comes to homework.
Getting re caught up on laundry. I'm still not sure how I managed to have 6 loads accumulate in one weekend!
Watching a movie last night with just my husband.
Fresh Sheets on everyone's beds. This is one of those silly things we take for granted but I love when it happens all in the same day!
One super cute 2 year old who can still fit in the sink for a bath.
Two insane little boys who love each other dearly (when they are not fighting!)
Seeing some real work on a history homework assignment from one 5th grade daughter, who is not a fan of hard work when it comes to homework.
Finally getting a few Easter pictures ordered. I was so excited to see that MckMama couldn't get good pictures of her four all together that I didn't feel so bad about my endeavors! I may even attach a few at the top of this post when I'm done typing...
Being here at the end of this day. Living in a place with friends and family within driving distance. Being thankful for each moment we have. None are guaranteed, each is a gift. This weekend my 27 year old neighbor down the street collapsed in his yard while doing yard work. He didn't make it through the night. He left behind a young wife and a one year old little boy. They were here for his work, but are from India. I can't imagine losing my young husband, let alone being in a faraway country. My heart goes out to them.
And again, I sit here taking stock. All is quiet. All is well. This day was blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment