Monday, June 1, 2009

Pivot Point

Today was a day.

Do you ever feel like you are just in a period of waiting in your life? Like God has something he needs you to do, but it's not time yet? I have felt like I've been in a period of waiting for a while. Today was a day of agitation. Not that I was particularly agitated with anyone, just that I felt on edge all day. Like today is a day I'll go back to and see the pivot point. Like the heel is dug in, but the foot is swinging. Which direction will it face? The heel is dug in, in faith, in my God, because I know in all he is there.

I got my CT scan results. I have a "midline umbilical incisional hernia". The doctor is out of town till Wed. The receptionist read me the results. I called my friend Lisa, who happens to be a nurse for a little translation. It looks like surgery again. I know in the big picture a hernia is not the end of the world. It's just that surgery with three little people means missing out on stuff with them, it means worry for them, it means imposing on people to help take care of us. All things I don't want to do. But I don't know who God will put in my path through all this. There is always a reason. There is always good that comes from everything. I don't know enough yet to get too worked up, but maybe that is why I'm worked up. I like answers. Seems I have many more questions than answers...but I have faith that they will come.

Mike the Mold Man, as my dear friend, Amy, calls him came for a visit tonight. He was not exactly what I expected. Amy has him so magnified in my mind I thought he might have a white gown and wings! He did not. We do have mold. No surprise. We'll know in a few days what the cost of taking care of that will be...this could be a major pivot in our lives. I was hoping that Mike would come in with great wisdom, some sort of great revelation, instructions directly from God. I found this voice saying, "Marci, he's just a human, you've put too much on a human." True enough. He didn't have any straight forward answers for us although he did ask us a question. Although Mike(my mike, not the mold guy) didn't get it, I did. He asked, not once, but twice, "Is this the best the King has for you?' Hhmmm...

Maybe I'll delve deeper into that later, but now, I'm headed to bed.

We are all here, in our house, safe from the storms, together. This too is the day God has made.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Praying this recovery will go quick when you have your surgery.

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Hi there...I'm visiting as I sift through MckMama's comments and just wanted to stop by. Thank you for your comment...and also wanted to tell you I am so sorry for the losses you have endured. I love what you said on your sidebar about choosing joy. It is a conscious choice. And, a good one! Praying God's continued comfort, sufficient grace, and abiding joy as you walk this path...

In His Grace,
Kelly Gerken
Sufficient Grace Ministries