This mama has three things my darling sons are drawn to that they are not allowed to touch. Whenever I see them sniffing around one of these items the prescripted lecture rolls easily off my tongue. It goes a little something (or exactly) like this...
"Boys, Mama has three things that belong just to her in this house." (ok, so there may be a few more but really only three of significant value that attract my boys attention) and you know you may not touch these three things without my permission and a grown up close by.
"Tell me, guys, what are they?"
Tonight Dax was sitting beside me with fingers reaching toward one of those off limit treasures. The lecture began. The boys responded...
Finn, "Purse!"
Dax, "Computer"
Finn, "Camrrra!"
Dax, "Mama, are you a pauper?"
I looked at Mike, he looked at me, we both looked at Dax.
"Am I a what?"
"A Pauper, Mommy? Are you a pauper?"
Lily looked up from her homework and asked, "What is a pauper?"
Dax looked at her as if she was seriously lacking and responded,"a person that doesn't have very many things."
I bit my tongue and then told him, yes, I was probably a pauper, and then asked how he knew that word.
"Super Why, Mom."
God Bless PBS kids!
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We love super why! I only wish it was on demand. Instead I get to hear over and over the whiney caillou. Super why is much cooler and apparently educational, too. Go dax!
love super why. I only see it in the doctor's office right now, 'cause Ginny is too young for much TV yet, but that is one cool show.
From one pauper to another.....
Post a Comment