Saturday, December 12, 2009

Ahh...and I thought it might remain a mystery...

The Wedding is over. The party was lots of fun.  My camera did not break, run out of batteries or make any weird noises as I had dreamt it might over the past several nights.  I have over 1600 pictures to edit and try to pull out a few good ones! =) 

In my brother's words, "it is what it is". 

There were CD's forgotten for the ceremony, maps left laying beside computers, bras, earrings, cuff links, and various others things gone missing for a time here and there.  Boys who ended up wearing superhero pajamas to the reception, girls who went barefoot, freezing bridesmaids, and a cake topper that wouldn't quite stay on top.  There were flasks snuck into the church, wild after parties that some of us are glad we were too old for, crazy photo challenges, children allowed to dance and party way too late into the evening and I'm sure many other improprieties.

 It is what it is and there was much laughter, dancing, and joy and I think that is how everyone should start a new life together.

Well, that and a lot of love.  Love for each other, love from family, love from friends, and a deep, abiding love for God. Dosh and Jessy are blessed in the love that flows from them and all around them. 






Yes Amy, it was infact, the cake topper...



There was a little trouble with him staying on top of the cake, but my story for how the picture below came to be involves not a fall, but a mad dash up the side of a frosting covered mountain to save a damsel in distress!



My brother, Ryan, played Mr. DJ (he does this in his alternate non bank manager life) and he did an amazing job with the music! 

The music brought laughter, memories, and even a few tears. 

I could go on and on about the music, because, really it's something that almost breathes to me, but I'll stop before I ramble on and run you off!  I will share a couple, but believe me, there will be more coming!


Dosh and Jessy came strolling into the reception to this little ditty...


Their first dance was a "smash up" (for those Glee watchers)


Combining this...
          and this...




Jessy and her step dad danced to this..


.


And then there was the one moment of the evening to brought me completely to tears.  My baby brother dancing with our mama...


To this...

3 comments:

The Sullivan Sitcom said...

It's been an emotional day.....and I just cried a little more listening to your music...love it and I can't wait to hear all about the wedding and see me some pics!

Beth said...

The pictures I see so far are awesome! I love the one of the 2 rings. The music choices were fantastic, too! Glad you had such a fun time. :)
I love weddings!

lynda said...

The whole evening was wonderful. I know you must have a fabulous camera because you were dancing and taking pictures all at the same time. Love, happiness, and joy was there in abundance.
Hugs