Friday, December 11, 2009

The wedding has come...



In about 16 hours my baby brother will be getting married.  My own little men will be carrying ribbon covered pillows down the isle, and I will be freezing it all in time behind my camera lens. 

I'm sure if you read the last post you know that I'm struggling a bit with doing this without my dad.

Now that I'm here, in Ohio in the middle of the hubbub of rehersals, rehersal dinners, decorating, and just being with my family, I know he is here. 

He is here in the lights, in the music, in the love, and the laughter. 

He is here because he taught us how to do this. 

I saw him tonight in my little brother, Dosh's smile, the way he stood, the expression on his face. 

I heard him tonight in my brother, Ryan's voice, in his laughter, in his need to watch the Browns game during the rehersal dinner. 

I saw him in the Browns winning tonights game... =)
I caught a glimpse of him tonight in Finn's funny faces. 

I felt him tonight standing in my parents bathroom, the smell of Polo and the thought of him getting ready for a wedding danced through my mind. 

He is here with us in the Christmas lights, in the music, and in our hearts.  He would love today, at least once we get to the party, and so will we. 

He would also love this....



Any ideas what it might be?

1 comment:

Amy said...

Is it the cake topper? Cause that would be AWESOME!