Monday, December 7, 2009

Gratitude.

Today

Precious ornaments shattered on bathroom floors.

An angel lost her wings, a camel lost his head, the nativity looks a bit misshapen.

The bank computers went down, causing debit cards not to work.

The van was searched for $0.93 to pay for the pictures already printed.

Late to preschool...again.

My grandpa died today 25 years ago.  Somehow the memory of that day danced in my head.

My heart hurt.

I thought about a wedding this weekend. 

The thought of doing it without my dad seems ludicrous.

Ornaments fell.

Boys yelled.

Boys fought.

I yelled.

No one listened.

I cried.

I sent a pathetic sos to Mike on Facebook.

Lily showed up early.

She was kind.

Hot tea.

A movie for the boys.

Picked up my Bible.

Some Journaling.

Smiled.

Mike came home early.

He tagged in.

I tagged out.

45 minutes curled up in Lily's bed. 

It used to be mine.

It felt like home. 

Mike started to fix things.

He ironed my shirt.

Lily wrapped my gift.

Hot shower.

Hugs and kisses.

Dinner with friends.

Laughter.

Joy.

Gifts.

Beautiful Cross.

Friendship.

More laughter.

Home to children sleeping.

Laundry done.

Dishes washed.

Mike stayed up with me till midnight to watch One Tree Hill

Silly, but lovely.

Checking email before bed.

Email from the man I've been with for almost 20 years.

Words that reassure me. 

Blessed.

Grateful.

4 comments:

Beth said...

It felt so good to laugh last night. Maybe we all needed it! I second the praise of coming home to sleeping children and a quiet house. What a great way to end a fun evening. :)

Amy said...

Isn't it nice when they tag in? Love that.

Deirdre said...

Marci that is beautiful.

Ninny said...

Good thing the camel didn't lose it's toe:)

Irrisistable. Sue me.