Thursday, January 31, 2008



Praises...

Friends who help you get your kids and all their crap to the car!

Having a roof over my head and warmth around me. Sometimes in my quest for a newer or better, bigger roof, I forget to stop and be greatful that my family is snuggled in their beds in a home that is comfortable and warm as the winter snow falls around us.

Taking the time to stop and look for the path God is trying to lead me on.

Having friends who are looking for their own path and helping me to brush off mine on their way.

A dog who acts as a baby gate...gotta love the dual action vacuum & gate!

A husband who starts the van, wipes off the windows and shovels a path to my door so I can leave him with the kids to do church stuff.

A husband who doesn't consider me leaving him with the kids "babysitting".

The beauty of the winter snow sparkling in the starlight, that is God all around us!



Quotes...


"You are My Mommy! That is My baby brother Finny!" Dax, seeming to just get that we in someway belong to him.

Lily, "Let me give my little baby brother a kiss, you know, the one I actually like"
Dax, "No! That not your baby brother, that My baby brother!!"
Ok, so he's not exactly getting that we're not just his!

"Max, Please come here, Max!" Ok, so it's not out of this world but the voice was so sweet, and hey look, he has manners...gotta love that in a two year old!

Memories I wish I had on tape...(maybe this will one day at least conjure up the mental tape!)

Dax Growling the words to "I love you as much" "grrrr Said the Mother bear to her child" etc....

Standing alone in the church parking lot as the snow falls in the dark, love that snow globe feeling!

Sitting on the floor reading books with a two year old and having him ask me to sing to him...that probably won't last long, he still thinks I sing well!

Finn and his "kisses for the Mama" Oh, baby kisses are definitely the best!

No comments: