Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Music that makes me feel...

I thought I wouldn't do this again for awhile, but I've decided I'm going to do it whenever somethimg triggers the feeling that I should..hope you don't mind!

I guess maybe it's tribute to my dad to want to share with music...the real tribute though would be if I only played the first 2 seconds of each song and made you name that tune & artist!

The first is a song that jumped into my head out of obscurity when Dax was crying out "wait, wait..." in a somewhat desperate voice on his way to bed. Took me back to singing this with My friend Wendy in front of the living room windows sometime in 8th or 9th grade, loaded with all the desperation we could muster!



Next, is about as polar opposite as I could get. This is a song that brought little tingles tonight hearing it performed at a church banquet. This was from Phantom of the Opera which Mike and I saw together while dating. It was one of the piano pieces we had played during that pre-wedding music while people are coming in and being seated. The melody is so beautiful..haunting..not performed by a hairband. (I can't find a good version with lyrics, so this is just the piano, which I actually like better!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...I didn't even need to see the you-tube. The minute I saw the "wait...wait", I was already singing away. Marci, thanks for the morning (yes 3:30pm is morning today) laugh!