Friday, February 15, 2008






Praises...

Mom's Day out!

Taking only one child to the doctor at a time!

Being able to hear what the doctor says!

One tough little guy who didn't even flinch when lead tested!

Smiling faces

Doctors who care & listen

Cooperative children!

Knowing that somewhere several hours from my house my family sits eating really good popcorn watching a really stupid movie...knowing life just keeps moving...

Sentences dropped here or there that may not be much, but they warm your heart and make you feel loved.

Friday night snuggles with the little D man.

Learning that both my husband and my daughter have been secretly reading my blog behind my back...although they really were just making sure I hadn't posted pictures of them bending over with their behinds hanging out...I may have to post those pictures yet!

Top 20 country countdown on GAC..it's been a part of our Friday nights off and on for so long now it just kind of makes me smile, and it's great backround for writing.

Writing...maybe one day it will flow freely again.

Quotes & memorable moments...

Reading with Dax, realizing how much he actually knows. He knows all his colors. He's not color blind afterall...I was sure he was! He counts to 13, and actually understands the concepts behind the numbers. He can tell me there are 8 dark blue fish on a page...I haven't been giving that boy enough credit. He actually told me everyone in the families long names today...yeah, you know, this family "long names" is an understatement!

Room spinning. Dax and Lily being out of time outs long enough to spin around and around the room together. For a few moments it actually looked like hugging!

Dax serving up cheerios to Finn by the handful and after carefully placing each handful saying "there you go Finny, thank you, thank you so much"

Dax talking about his friends. I love that at two he is sure who his friends are! "Chloe & Noah are MY friends! MAX is my friend! And Maggie is my friend. Chloe is not your friend, she is MY friend! I see Mrs. Aaaadiiiissss tomorrow? I want go church tomorrow, see my friends!"

You'd think Dax was the only child in my house who could speak as much as he's quoted...but you know a two year old is about the best quote material there is. Finn's quotes are very limited, although I will find someway to catch his giggle, because that is priceless! Lily's quotes...well, I'm not sure I want to remember them forever at this point. She was incredibly quotable as a 2 & 3 year old. I'll keep listening, maybe I'll find some treasures!

No comments: