Saturday morning lazy & playful family snuggling times...or times Dax can randomly roll over his parents without getting in too much trouble.
A daughter who will babysit for 20 minutes on a Saturday morning to give her parents some sleep in time even if they can't help but hear everything going on! (is it babysitting if both boys randomly show up in our bedroom anyway?)
A rainy day that turned into a beautiful sunny one!
Spending an hour outside Mike's work watching the Blue Angels fly 100 feet above our head...wow!
Not spending $40 on airshow tickets when Dax, our fearless airplane lover, spent the entire "free from Daddy's work airshow" watching from the back of the van. "I'm just a little scared" Dax said, shaking like a leaf after the first four fighter jets flew over. "Airplanes scare me a little bit" he said as he climbed into the back of the van and told us he'd watch from in there.
Finn although freaked out at first seemed to get into the whole plane thing after he got over the noise. He did have a plan though, Daddy should hold him during fly overs, Mom should snuggle him between passes.
Lily enjoyed this part of the afternoon, with no complaints!
I got some amazing picture! Must admit though, even I was a little taken back by the sound and just how close these were at first!
Strangers who will jump your van at Barnes & Noble when someone leaves the keys in and the music on when we go in the store. (I can't say too much, I did this late on Thursday night myself!)
Two children who can quietly spend time in Barnes & Noble without too much complaining.
One child who can find it in himself to hit on a little girl after he got carried back in from his first time out in the van. He's a bit loud for a bookstore, besides, the ladies were starting to give us mean looks when he took almost every Thomas the Tank Engine toy off the shelf, lined them up on the floor and told us that he wanted all those for his birthday!
A sweet little 3 or 4 year old girl who didn't get too annoyed when Dax kept squatting next to her, asking what she was doing. Each time Mike would quietly say, "Dax, lets go over here and leave the little girl alone so she can read." He would loudly reply, "No, I am talking to this little girl!" Finally the little girl explained she was counting caterpillars in her book and this impressed my darling son to no end. "She's is counting catewpiwers! This little giwrl is counting catewpiwers!" Mike then took both boys back to the van.
I found what seems to be a great book on Vaccines. Those of you who know me and the vaccine thing with Finn can laugh. I'll let you know what I think when I get through.
We had dinner out...I'm not totally sure if this was a joy but there were no dishes left on our counter, so that is praiseworthy. Again, 2 out of three kids were pretty good, and one ended up in the van, sigh...
Everyone is sleeping and soon I will be too! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment