Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Future is so Bright....

I gotta wear shades... We are home. I was calm. Dax was very well behaved and cooperative. The building was big and beautiful. All three of us were a bit nervous. Dax admitted to feeling nervous before going in. Then there was the Stuart Little movie, lots of cool things to play with, a cool little urinal (requiring 5 trips to the potty in just over two hours), funny glasses, Monster's Inc., Sesame Street Characters, a disappearing Cow, crazy lights, lots of nice nurses & techs, a fun guy named Dr. Steve who was wearing a Sponge Bob tie, some horrible little eye drops, more play time, a few more lights, and finally some groovy sunglasses to take home.

And the diagnosis from Dr. Steve...

Dax is illegally cute and is a beautiful, healthy little boy. A little farsighted, which is normal in kids and has pupils that can be as much as a millimeter different in size. He told us to go back through past pictures and see if we could spot it earlier, that he thinks it's been there since birth. He told us that the pediatrician was very worried, rightfully so, different sized pupils can indicate some very bad stuff. He listed off a few syndromes, brain bleeding in which pupil size can be a sign of imminent death, tumors in the neck/top of spine area, and of course the brain tumor thing which had me in a tizzy. So when he smiled and said he didn't see signs of any of these and he doesn't want to see him for 3 years, I finally stopped holding my breath.

It's amazing to think how fast your life can change. I feel more blessed today than yesterday, but my blessing have not changed. Sometimes a jolt on the road makes you just that much more grateful for every moment of "normal" life we are blessed with!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God! I'm so happy to hear the news Marci. By the way...he is way too cute in shades!

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

How wonderful! I can't imagine how relieved you must be feeling. That is so, so great!

The Sullivan Sitcom said...

Thanks for calling yesterday to share the good news. God is so good!

BTW - Dax could totally pretend to be Cory Hart, and sing "I wear my sunglasses at night!" Love that pics.

Anonymous said...

I have to have it insribed on my driver's license that my pupils are different sized. cause if I'm ever in an accident the EMTs will instantly assume massive head trauma!

So glad that DAX is fine. and that he had so much fun at the doctor's visit.

Ninny said...

I have been secretly reading you for months and I am grateful for you and your words.

It has inspired me to start my own little blog undercover.

Thank you sweet lady.