Talking to lots of faraway people this week. It seems like since the big kiddo went back to school the phone has been a permanent fixture on my ear. This can have it's down falls like extra "Hi-5"'s on the On Demand, half the 14 framed photos I have being dropped behind the million pound piano, a certain 16 month old learning he can climb into the computer cabinet and toss out the monitor, not to mention pull all the thumb tacks out of the tack board in the back of the cabinet. Which leads to it's own special list of praises...
Having cable TV with a DVR for rerunning the same show as needed as well as noggin, discovery kids, and pbs sprout on Demand.
My piano weighing so much that there is no chance of it tipping over with a 3 year old and 16 month old sitting on top.
I did not hear any breaking glass, so I think all pictures behind piano are intact.
The fact that I mostly cleaned out the computer cabinet not so long ago so there wasn't as much to pick up off the floor as their once might have been. (although it's probably due to it's clean state that he thought he could climb in!)
The thumbtacks did not poke him before I was able to pry each one out of his tight little grip.
The computer monitor still works and is in one piece.
The boys have gotten along very well and have been so much quieter since school started, could be they are simply in stealth mode without the extra set of eyes present!
Finn took off his diaper before climbing into the damp sink to brush his teeth.
My boys have the cleanest teeth in town. They are averaging 3 to 8 brushings a day...is this a good obsession?
Lily has successfully ridden her bike back and forth to school this week. This is the first year we're letting her do this and I'm just a little nervous, but she seems to be doing well.
She is also enjoying fifth grade so far! Prayers that that is a year long thing!
Finn's amazing hugs..they make up for a multitudes of climbing adventures.
Dax explaining to me why every night he must climb on me and wiggle his way into the middle of mommy and daddy in bed. "it's warm and it's safe and I like to be in the middle of you twos."
An evening out with friends, both business and pleasure! I greatly enjoyed my evening out with grown up chatter!
Feeling a little freer after handing over some church duties that I have greatly enjoyed for the last two years to a good friend who so kindly stepped up to take a turn at the reigns. Thank you Nicole, Traci and I are loving you right now!
My kids friends. Lily got to go spend some time watching the big premier of Cheetah Girl's One World with her friend, Bayley. Dax got a sweet phone call from his buddy Max. I love that these friends are good kids with parents I like!
A 3 year old that loves his sister so much(at least tonight) that he tried to convince us not to "make her go to Bayley's" because "Lily doesn't want to go to Bayley's, she is scared of Bayley". Truth be told the kid wanted to watch the Cheetah girls with his sis. At least he didn't think it was as cool to watch it alone... good cover little guy! Is it sad to admit we watched it even though she wasn't here?
God is answering prayers through people who don't even know it. Now if I will only open myself up.
A husband I enjoy talking with anytime we have quiet moments where we can actually hear each other!
Another first week of school that has gone well. It's the beginning of fall, probably my favorite time of the year...the smells, the leaves crunching, the football games echoing from the High School, new shows coming back on, being able to where long sleeves, shorts sleeves or anything you want! I know this year fall is a little harder without my Dad, especially for my mom. I pray that the memories that circle around us will be good ones that make us laugh. I pray that my mom know just how grateful we are to have her in our lives and how much we miss being close enough to hug her.
I am so grateful for unlimited long distance and bloggy connections!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You have a piano? That is so awesome.
I think it is so funny that they brush their teeth that many times a day. I wonder why...my little one likes to, too, but I think mostly because she has a Dora the Explorer toothbrush that she likes to keep with her. :)
I miss your mom.
Post a Comment