I sat down to start my praises and they don't seem to be rolling, but I'm gonna give it a try.
It was grey and gloomy, a tad chilly and rainy today. I am thankful that I am home with my kids all day and can pass by the windows or stick my head out at any time. What a blessing to not be stuck in a windowless office with grown ups. It may make gloomy days more noticeable but it also make beautiful days more enjoyable.
Finn was into everything again. Nail polish, Lily's violin, climbing the linen cabinet in the bathroom, cheerios all over the floor, water all over the table, etc... I'm so grateful for a healthy guy who has it in him to stir up all sorts of trouble.
Finn's orneriness also allowed Dax the chance to be a great big brother. He helped Finn clean up several messes and reported in to me when Finn was in to something. Nice to have him on my side sometimes!
The boys wrestled non stop, especially when the phone rang and really, I wanted to pull my hair out (or theirs!) a few times. How lucky are they to have each other so close. Watching them interact with each other brings me laughter far more than it brings me to pulling out hair. =)
My bed had to be made at least 6 times today because two small people kept unmaking it. What this means is I have a bed to sleep in, one with warm blankets, that my kids think is a great place to snuggle up. I remember choosing our bedroom set, before we ever had kids. I remember thinking about my parent's bed. I remembered snuggling up early in the morning after my dad left for work. I remembered sitting on the edge and bouncing Dosh when he was just a baby. I remembered Ryan and I running from the top of the stairs and rolling onto their bed. I remembered sitting with my mom and talking about life. I chose that bed so carefully thinking about the babies that it would snuggle, the monkeys who would use it to bounce on, the preteen who would sit and share with me about her life. How blessed I am that those little people are now real parts of my every day world. I know one day these pieces will be distant memories and then, I'll only have to make my bed once. I bet there will be days I will wish for someone to mess it up.
I had to think hard about some recent decisions I've made. I had to dig up my Beth Moore notes and remember with a smile the way it felt when those decisions were made, the peace I felt as the words left my pen. I knew it might be hard to carry it out, but each time I remind myself I get to refresh that feeling again...I am so grateful that my prayers for guidance were answered even if not in the most easy to carry out ways.
Lily came home with a communications folder showing two F's. I remained calm and found out they were simply a prank...glad there was no heart attack had. I think the teacher might want to rethink that one....
She also didn't get all her chores done before leaving for the evening. I could have kept her home, but how many kids ask to go to a revival with her friend next door? I am so thankful for Peyton, our new neighbor. She and Lily have become great friends and we are really enjoying getting to know her. We've prayed for Lily to find a friend like this for a while. What's a few dishes when you can be at a Revival with a friend? I've never been to one...ought to be interesting to hear about when she gets home.
Mike almost gave us all smoke inhalation while cooking dinner. How lucky I am to have a guy that will cook for me, or like tonight, with me. There is something nice about chopping veggies while your husband burns things. The stir fry had only a slight tinge of burnt pan taste =).
Two little boys in footie pajamas giving sweet kisses and saying goodnight to their Mama, as they head upstairs. It's not even 8 yet and they are asking for Jax and Binny stories so they can go to sleep! I think Dax has been wearing his super hero pajamas for 3 or 4 nights now, but that I can live with.
There is nothing better than hearing my three guys upstairs giggling while reading Christmas stories in November. It makes my heart smile.
I'm so glad that this was the day the Lord has made, I wouldn't change it for anything.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Marci,
I love your perspective.
Deirdre
I now have that beautiful bed-made only once a day and only messed up by one little dog, but sometimes I long for the days when the bed was one crowded place of sharing, laughter and comfort. I am thankful those experiences return once in a while through the laughter and giggles of three beautiful grandchildren! (And even with grown up children sitting on the side of the bed sharing!) Love, Mom
Post a Comment